Home Non Cigar Related

What do you collect?

0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
Most of us collect cigars. That's kind of a given, but with most collectors, a lot of us don't just collect one thing. What do you collect?

I thought I would post this, because if a lot of us knew what others collected, some of us may have those things.

I like baseball and hockey memorabilia. Mostly 70s era stuff.

I tend to keep a lot of native things from my family and other native things that appeal to me.
And being a mechanic, I tend to collect vintage tools. Well, my wife sometimes says I'm a vintage tool. LOL!

So what do you collect and what do you look for?

Comments

• jeep edsonjeep edson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 826
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    Depression Glass and WWII artifacts.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    I like hats. This is about 1/3 of what I have. Another 1/3 is still in storage (wife won't let me take them out just yet lol) and another 1/3 of misc. which includes beenies, billed beenies, cowboy hats, more newsboys and fedoras etc.
    Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original)
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    I collect glassware, be it shot glasses, bar glasses, decanters etc etc, I also collect football cards and belly lint
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    danielzreyes:
    I like hats. This is about 1/3 of what I have. Another 1/3 is still in storage (wife won't let me take them out just yet lol) and another 1/3 of misc. which includes beenies, billed beenies, cowboy hats, more newsboys and fedoras etc.
    I like the "California" (CA) Angels hat. ; )
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    Sports memorabilia with certain conditions. I almost never buy them outright, but rather from auctions or got them done by myself. I'd rather get them in an auction where my money goes to a charitable cause.
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,107
    I think I might be getting back into collecting sports cards. I was just given some from a co-worker and it reminded me how much I loved it as a kid.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    fortunes from fortune cookies
    What is your prize collectible?

My prize is a game used Norm Cash baseball bat.
    My dad use to work for NASA out at Edwards Air Force base and he gave me the last mission patch before the space program was shut down. That is my prized collectible right now.
    Smokindaddy:
    My dad use to work for NASA out at Edwards Air Force base and he gave me the last mission patch before the space program was shut down. That is my prized collectible right now.
    That is too cool! The personal collectibles are the things I think are the coolest.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I collect police-related pins. I have two large displays in my office at school. I used to play drums in a police bagpipe band and we traveled all over the Northeast US, Canada and played twice in Ireland.

I was also in the Blue Knights for several years and attended many of their events and conferences and picked up pins there.

Between both, I was able to collect pins which are varied and unique, but also remind me of places I've been.

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    0patience:

Barry Sanders signed rookie card,
    Few Nolan Ryan signed baseball cards,
    but my most prized would have to be my Issue #1 Spawn comic book signed by Todd McFarlane. Probably not worth as much as the others, but it just brings back awesome memories.
    0patience:

mine is 2 shot glasses from the Prohibition days, that have anti booze propaganda on them.
    0patience:
    Smokindaddy:
    That is too cool! The personal collectibles are the things I think are the coolest.
    I need to frame it, but I'm weird about framing things, I need to be able to touch it, it's more real to me that way. I also go to a lot of yard sales and estate sales. I like finding odd ball stuff that time has forgot about. It also makes for some good man cave decor lol.
    YankeeMan:
    I collect police-related pins. I have two large displays in my office at school. I used to play drums in a police bagpipe band and we traveled all over the Northeast US, Canada and played twice in Ireland.

I was also in the Blue Knights for several years and attended many of their events and conferences and picked up pins there.

Between both, I was able to collect pins which are varied and unique, but also remind me of places I've been.

That's really cool!
  • Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    Jack daniels whiskey.....
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    LP's because they remind me of the old days when I worked in a record store. Also, a lot of Harley Davidson gear mainly because I have one.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Women's panties and firearms... I'm just getting started at one of these hobbies....
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    I collect oil and gas lamps from the past. This pic is one of the gas lamps that I restored to working condition. When I say gas, I mean gasoline......scary stuff!

• JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    That lamp is waaaaaaaay cool. Nice job on the restoration.

Mostly, I collect problems. However, my most prized collectable is a Major League baseball signed by every single member of the 1957 Boston Red Sox.
    JDH:
    That lamp is waaaaaaaay cool. Nice job on the restoration.

Mostly, I collect problems. However, my most prized collectable is a Major League baseball signed by every single member of the 1957 Boston Red Sox.
    wow that is way cool! I have a football signed by the 2005-06 Seattle Seahawks (superbowl year).
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    I am probably best described as an antiquarian... I collect art, notable jewelry, antiques of a historical (or sentimental) nature, and rare and vintage books. My book collection would definitely be the most expansive, as it includes several hundred titles, but some notable favorites would be: a beautifully bound early 20th century compendium of Edgar Allan Poe's works; a late 19th century printing of "The Three Musketeers"; and a recent acquisition of a first-run "Uncle Tom's Cabin".

I promise, I'm not a snob lol