Home General Discussion

Any Florida recs?

ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
Howdy gents. Haven't been around much lately... work and school have been a bear. Thought I'd peek my head in and see if you guys have any recommendations for me. The wife and I leave Saturday morning for a week in Florida. We fly into Ft. Lauderdale, drive north up the coast to DeLand for a weekend with family, then back down the coast for 5 days in the Keys. Any great cigar spots (B&M's, cigar bars, etc.) I shouldn't pass up? I'd be especially interested if there are any good stops in the Keys. Thanks!

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    ndhaon91:
    Howdy gents. Haven't been around much lately... work and school have been a bear. Thought I'd peek my head in and see if you guys have any recommendations for me. The wife and I leave Saturday morning for a week in Florida. We fly into Ft. Lauderdale, drive north up the coast to DeLand for a weekend with family, then back down the coast for 5 days in the Keys. Any great cigar spots (B&M's, cigar bars, etc.) I shouldn't pass up? I'd be especially interested if there are any good stops in the Keys. Thanks!

If you get to Key West, be sure to look for the Conch Republic Cigar Factory. I enjoyed the cigars I got there and you can buy online. Beware of the street vendors and walk-up cigar sellers of cigars. They're mostly junk. And be sure to have lunch at the Turtle Kraal. Good seafood and conch fritters. Too bad it's no longer legal to serve turtle in a restaurant. It used to be great.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    I would recommend Cigar City USA in Key West. It is the El Meson de Pepe and Mark is the manager there. A great guy to talk to and the place is LOADED with Fuente products. Standard tourist B&M prices but Mark has a lot of knowledge and just loves talking cigars. While your there and want cuban food, eat in the restaurant there, http://www.elmesondepepe.com/ Also, they have the BEST Mojitos I have ever had there and I have had my fair share of Mojitos.

The Conch Republic cigars get really really good after a year or so of down time, I just wish I had some more.