Home General Discussion

Re-introduction

ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
Hey! Who's still hanging around here?

I havent posted here in about 2 1/2 years... about the time I decided to join the Army National Guard. I was away at basic training and my MOS school for much of 2010 and 2011, then back home for a few months before volunteering for a deployment. I'm in Kosovo now.

I think I'm gonna try to smoke something tonight after work. Last week I got a sampler from a buddy back home with some CAO America, some 5 Vegas Cask Strength, and a couple others. I've also managed to pick up a few good cigars from international PXs, that are unavailable at home.

Comments

• LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Wow, all the old-timers are coming back. Who's next, Urbi? Welcome back, Scrambler.
  • rusiriusrusirius Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 564
    LOL, yeah, kinda crazy Scram... I've been away from probably about 2 1/2 years too, and when did I come back on for a visit? Yesterday!!! Strange timing indeed!!!
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Welcome back, sounds like your training went well. Be safe out there in Kosovo.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Hey Scrambler, welcome back.
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Welcome back brother...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    holy crap.

its turning into one big déjà vu day.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Scramz! Welcom back buddy! I made more hooch if you want some :)
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    Man its like more and more guys have came out of hibernation for the winter .
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    Jetmech_63:
    Scramz! Welcom back buddy! I made more hooch if you want some :)

I'd love some, but General Order #1 over here includes no alcohol... I did get to go on an assignment to Sarajevo a couple weeks ago, where I think I made up for all the drinking I've missed since I left the States.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Thanks for your service sir. Hope you get to smoke more often.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    james40:
    Thanks for your service sir. Hope you get to smoke more often.
    +1 Welcome back!
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Welcome back, is your avatar one of the new/retro Triumph Scramblers? I loved that style bike "back in the day", ('70's for me).
    Amos Umwhat:
    Welcome back, is your avatar one of the new/retro Triumph Scramblers? I loved that style bike "back in the day", ('70's for me).
    It is indeed, here is a pic of my 2006 Scrambler I bought new in '07.

Thanks for the warm welcome back everybody. I'll try to stick around for a while.
    rusirius:
    LOL, yeah, kinda crazy Scram... I've been away from probably about 2 1/2 years too, and when did I come back on for a visit? Yesterday!!! Strange timing indeed!!!
    That is quite random, and pretty crazy. How have you been?
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Scrambler:
    Amos Umwhat:
    It is indeed, here is a pic of my 2006 Scrambler I bought new in '07.

Thanks for the warm welcome back everybody. I'll try to stick around for a while.
    Nice! My wife gave up her Sportster a few years back, I've been gently hinting that she might be happy with a Speedmaster, America, or Bonneville. Does the Scrambler have the 360, or the 270 crankshaft?
    270 degree crank, which I think I prefer for the kind of riding I do. My understanding is that the 270 has quicker acceleration and better traction, while the 360 has better top end. Since my Scrambler will do over 100mph, I really don't need any more top end, but I love the quickness in city traffic, and I ride in the rain (and New Orleans has crappy roads, lots of gravel and such) so the better traction is nice.