Home General Discussion

brothers and sisters i have a confession

jeep edsonjeep edson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 826
the first step is to admit i have a problem. little does my wife know i discovered internet cigar buying recently having only purchased from the local b&m. i have spent into the 4 figures in the last couple weeks. i think the daily packages are giving me away. i know i can't be the first person to fall off the wagon hard. i think i need a couple shoulders to lean on. haha jeep

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Don't look at the bill... Buy a wineador, and buy her some jewelry
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    explain to her what Bombs are... so now when packages show up, they are just "a bomb from one of the guys on the Cigar .com Forum" I've used that one before...
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Lol yeah usually much better deals online!! B&M's are nice to go to but they stick you at the register!
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    catfishbluezz:
    +1 lol
  • jeep edsonjeep edson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 826
    if anyone ever gets a pm asking if they bombed jeep edson just say yes. i feel like i am in high school saying i am sleeping at timmy's house and he is telling his parents he is sleeping at mine. haha
  • bionicjeffbionicjeff Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 15
    Perhaps the problem is having a wife. lol
    especially one who is a litigating attorney. only prob is without her i would not have the most important thing in my life. my little kids. with my third due in dec.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    ohhh. monkey no see. monkey no do. monkey no hear.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    It's all about the aging. I explained to my wife, when I was in a similar situation, that I had to stock my humis to get the aging process going. Honey they're giving such good deals it would be stupid not to stock up now and they have to age anyway. Seemed to work for me, didn't have to open the closet and peruse the vast amount of shoes, dresses etc. that she has accumulated. Save that for later.
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    robbyras:
    explain to her what Bombs are... so now when packages show up, they are just "a bomb from one of the guys on the Cigar .com Forum" I've used that one before...
    After the 75th time she caught the ruse...
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Marker:
    robbyras:
    After the 75th time she caught the ruse...
    I do this all the time!!! Works GREAT!! Also go to Walmart get a prepaid visa lol if she doesn't know u have it she can't go threw bank or cc statements to see what ur doing!!!! Hoping soon I'll be back buying again lol had to take a break to save for a special order:)
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    robbyras:
    Ohhhhh man, this was totally my most-used excuse (when it still mattered)! hahahahaha
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Yeah. Be careful with that though. My wife has hidden some "bombs" from me. Knowing full well they were from Ccom.
    On the other hand, she somehow knows when it's a bomb.
    It's really bad when they know a lot of the guys' names on the forum.
    When the package from Rip showed up, she came in with it and told me it was from Rip.
    All she said was, "Oh no. I want to watch you open this thing. This is going to be worth watching." ROFL!
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    tell her the truth. It won't hurt your case to hand her something nice as well and mumble something about thinking of you and love you and yadda yadda. If she smiles, game on. If not, start kissing.
    WhoDeyGal:
    catfishbluezz:
    +1 lol
    My bad TJ...
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    My wife works from home so I'm the one who gets the mail. Plus she goes to bed early! A good thing....
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    james40:
    tell her the truth. It won't hurt your case to hand her something nice as well and mumble something about thinking of you and love you and yadda yadda. If she smiles, game on. If not, start kissing.
    +1 to this, lying and trying to get over is NEVER the right answer IMHO.

Spent too much on cigars? Not necessarily a huge deal, he11, we've ALL done it at some point or another. I say "not necessarily" because everyone's situation is different, but as long as you havent put yourself or your family in a financial bind, I dont think its a big deal.

If you havent, and the wife flips her sh!t, explain to her that yeah, you know you got carried away but you just LOVE the cigar hobby so much its a little easy to get carried away sometimes. Try to equate it to something she really loves - clothes, tennis, golf, whatever. Then explain to her that "If you came across a deal for X that was 45% off, you'd have to jump on it wouldnt you?" In my experience, there's two things women grasp the concepts of - 1) really loving something (including you) and getting something at a steep discount sale price. LOL

The most important thing is the girl loves you, and if she loves you she wants to see you happy. If she understands how much you love something, she's much more likely to accept, support or tolerate it. Your relationship is much more important than cigars and consider this - if you BS her about something this ridiculous, how can you expect her to be straight with you? :-)

The Sniper:
    james40:
    +1 to this, lying and trying to get over is NEVER the right answer IMHO.

Spent too much on cigars? Not necessarily a huge deal, he11, we've ALL done it at some point or another. I say "not necessarily" because everyone's situation is different, but as long as you havent put yourself or your family in a financial bind, I dont think its a big deal.

If you havent, and the wife flips her sh!t, explain to her that yeah, you know you got carried away but you just LOVE the cigar hobby so much its a little easy to get carried away sometimes. Try to equate it to something she really loves - clothes, tennis, golf, whatever. Then explain to her that "If you came across a deal for X that was 45% off, you'd have to jump on it wouldnt you?" In my experience, there's two things women grasp the concepts of - 1) really loving something (including you) and getting something at a steep discount sale price. LOL

The most important thing is the girl loves you, and if she loves you she wants to see you happy. If she understands how much you love something, she's much more likely to accept, support or tolerate it. Your relationship is much more important than cigars and consider this - if you BS her about something this ridiculous, how can you expect her to be straight with you? :-)

Well said, Sniper.
    catfishbluezz:
    WhoDeyGal:
    catfishbluezz:
    +1 lol
    My bad TJ...
    Lol! lucky for him I like cigars too.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    I don't know know how long you've been into cigars jeep........
    but if it's less than a year, be careful about buying lots of stuff.......you might find yourself sitting on 200-300 cigars you really don't like a year from now............it's a fairly common noob "trap"...............the excitement of scoring good cigars for great prices.........kind of like a hot streak in black-jack............

i'm just new to the forums. long time cigar lover. i just used to buy only as much as i would smoke in a couple weeks. now i have enough for a couple years. hahaha
  • Knoxca1Knoxca1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 147
    jeep edson:
    the first step is to admit i have a problem. little does my wife know i discovered internet cigar buying recently having only purchased from the local b&m. i have spent into the 4 figures in the last couple weeks. i think the daily packages are giving me away. i know i can't be the first person to fall off the wagon hard. i think i need a couple shoulders to lean on. haha jeep
    Been there, done that. Even fell into the trap of buying cigars just because they were a good deal and not because I liked them. Lucky for me my wife enjoys the hobby as much as I do. I really enjoy sitting outside smoking a cigar with her and talking about our day.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    jeep edson:
    No, that's not true at all. Stop leaning on shoulders and stand tall. The first step is to teach your woman that what's done is done. Been there, done that. Like so:

Me: "Babe, I bought another motorcycle. I'm going to pick it up this weekend."
    She: rant rave rant
    Me: ""
    She: rave rant rave
    Me: ""
    She (getting nowhere): "So where is this one? Where are you going this time? Don't expect me to drive you."
    Me: "Chicago."
    ... and at this point I walk away. It's essential to have a man cave.

You can't teach a woman not to complain. But you can wear her out, if you try.
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    jeep edson:
    i'm just new to the forums. long time cigar lover. i just used to buy only as much as i would smoke in a couple weeks. now i have enough for a couple years. hahaha

This cat JEEP is a beast. He hits hard and often. I just got my end of the noob trade with him and WOW. When I say everyone is a great stick..... i mean.... these are killers! I will post pics asap.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    webmost:
    No, that's not true at all. Stop leaning on shoulders and stand tall. The first step is to teach your woman that what's done is done. Been there, done that. Like so:

Me: "Babe, I bought another motorcycle. I'm going to pick it up this weekend."
    She: rant rave rant
    Me: "Alright, I'll tell the guy I can't have it. *pout*"
    She: "Oh my god, is it that great a deal?"
    Me: "Oh yes Dear, it's a great deal"
    She (getting nowhere): "So where is this one? Where are you going this time? Get your coat, I'll take you."
    Me: "Chicago."
    ... and at this point I do the pee pee/snoopy dance.

You can't teach a woman not to complain. But you can snivvle like a biotch.
    FIXED IT!! LOL!
    Dear Jeep....I have a confession. I just cut one of your balls off.
    you must have got them from my wife. haha