Home General Discussion

Introduction and question

bionicjeffbionicjeff Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 15
Hi everybody. I'm a noob and am very excited to have found this forum. I've learned a lot. My name is Jeff and I have a small landscaping company in the thriving metropolis of Waxahachie, TX. I've been enjoying cigars for about six months now and have come to love Cameroon wrappers. Has anyone tried the cigar.com house Cameroon blend? My favorite so far has been the Rocky Patel Vintage, but this is out of my price range for a regular smoke.

Comments

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Welcome Jeff, glad you found us! I can't speak from experience on the cameroon, however, most guys here will agree that for the price, it is really hard to go wrong with the ccom brands.
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    mmccartneydc:
    Welcome Jeff, glad you found us! I can't speak from experience on the cameroon, however, most guys here will agree that for the price, it is really hard to go wrong with the ccom brands.
    +1
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    mmccartneydc:
    heck, those even age well.
    you can remove the qualifier "for the price" and the statement still holds true.
  • bionicjeffbionicjeff Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 15
    Thanks, guys. When I first started, I got burned on a couple of house brands, so I've been hesitant to try any others.
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    Welcome, Jeff. The only thing I could add here is that the house blends are short filler. This is not a big deal for most smokers and the tobacco in the house blends is top notch but I think everyone should be aware of what the product is.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    bionicjeff:
    Thanks, guys. When I first started, I got burned on a couple of house brands, so I've been hesitant to try any others.
    Welcome Jeff. The Ccom Cameroon blend is my fav blend. If you like Cameroon cigars, I recommend AF Hemingway, one of my favs. NUB Cameroon ain't bad either.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Welcome Jeff...check the daily deals and weekend blitz as well as the sprint sale. Lots of good info to be had here.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Keef=God and the reason all my tele's and strats have humbuckers in the neck. Cheers
    danielzreyes:
    bionicjeff:
    Welcome Jeff. The Ccom Cameroon blend is my fav blend. If you like Cameroon cigars, I recommend AF Hemingway, one of my favs. NUB Cameroon ain't bad either.
    I really like the NUB Cameroon and have just ordered the Hemingway. Thanks for the tip.
    catfishbluezz:
    Keef=God and the reason all my tele's and strats have humbuckers in the neck. Cheers
    Exile On Main Street is the reason I picked up my first guitar.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Welcome Jeff. Did try the cameroon and I remember liking it but had some burn issues. My next order I mentioned it and they tossed 3 in with my order, same thing. However, I only rested them a month or two, so it could be my fault. But they were very tasty.
  • josiahcoljosiahcol Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 70
    Welcome welcome, i recommend trying the Cameroon label, its one of my favorite in the House Blend. This is a great place, lots to learn and the people here are awesome, stick around!
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Welcome.
    Ok, Cameroons. Now we're talking my language.
    The house cameroons are pretty good. As was stated, there are some burn issues, but you will find that with a lot of the "seconds" and "factory selects".
    That being said, I'm digging the Cusano Factory Selects Cameroon Preferido. Great price and often on daily deals or sprint sale.
    Be aware, because it is a perfecto, it can be a bit temperamental lighting up.

If you get a chance, check out some of these;
    Torano 1916 Cameroon (pretty much my all time favorite cameroon)
    CAO L'anniversaire Cameroon
    Rocky Patel Vintage Cameroon
    Don Tomas Cameroon Collection
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    0patience:
    Welcome.
    Ok, Cameroons. Now we're talking my language.
    The house cameroons are pretty good. As was stated, there are some burn issues, but you will find that with a lot of the "seconds" and "factory selects".
    That being said, I'm digging the Cusano Factory Selects Cameroon Preferido. Great price and often on daily deals or sprint sale.
    Be aware, because it is a perfecto, it can be a bit temperamental lighting up.

If you get a chance, check out some of these;
    Torano 1916 Cameroon (pretty much my all time favorite cameroon)
    CAO L'anniversaire Cameroon
    Rocky Patel Vintage Cameroon
    Don Tomas Cameroon Collection
    Love the CAO anniversaire,, the Indian tobacc cameroon is very toothy and a great smoke and budget friendly