Home General Discussion

Replica Series A. Fuente Hemingway

0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
Has anyone tried these? How do they compare to the originals?
Being a cameroon fiend, I find it hard to pass these up.
For the price, if they are remotely close, I may have to jump on some of these, but would like to hear from someone who has tried them.

Comments

• jswaykosjswaykos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 53
    How about YOU take one for the team and try one? LOL. I love the Short Story, probably my all around favorite cigar, all things considered (with added weight on price and availability). A little curious about the replicas, even as just a cheap, remotely close alternative for the golf course or backyard.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    I would, but I can't seem to get any ordered right now. They are back ordered until July 16th.
    And besides, I can't write a review to save my life.
    But I'm seriously considering ordering a mazo of the rep. short story and rep. padron.
    My mind keeps saying, "How bad can they be?", but my stomach says, "Remember the Primeros!"
    On one hand, I feel that if they could be so easily replicated, others would have done so by now. On the other, I've seen reviews on the other 'replica' cigars, and most say they're good in their own right, albeit not always replicating what they're advertised as doing.
  • TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    I don't think ccom has gotten any yet. They are on the site, but not in stock yet. So I don't think anyone would have tried them unless some of the staff have had some pre-released ones.
    Trident:
    I don't think ccom has gotten any yet. They are on the site, but not in stock yet. So I don't think anyone would have tried them unless some of the staff have had some pre-released ones.
    Great. It sold out before half the people could even order them? WTF?

Kind of like the email I got THIS MORNING for the Padilla Miamis that I go purchase and THEY ARE SOLD OUT. This is getting tiring.
    Compound my irritation by the fact that I emailed last week (ok, I'll give them it was a holiday week) about some stuff and no freakin reply. Nothing.

Screw the phone. I send emails. I don't like phones. I use them when I have to, but for me email is far more convenient, but I can't understand doing business and not answering emails.

Sorry, got up on the wrong side of the bed and Ccom is starting to irritate me.
    I'll give that a +1/2. I've had the Little Monsters pre-ordered for a while now, most everywhere else has gotten them in and shipped them out. Every update I get is "They're on the docks!" Can we get a realistic ETA?
    I get aggravated when I get an email and 3 hours after the email was sent from them, I go to the page and it's sold out.

And this is a direct quote from the page.............

You want 3 boxes? Go nuts. You want 20 boxes? Go ahead, you earned it. No limits here ladies and gentlemen, just an overall great deal on some pretty fantastic tasting cigars.

Ok, but I'm confused. If there are no limits, how do you order or even sell them if they are sold out in less than 3 hours.
    I don't like to get excited and then let down. It really tries on what little patience I have.
  • nickgonzonickgonzo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 146
    I was looking at these too, hopefully they are stocked soon
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    necro-roni & cheese.

tried searching, couldn't find any reviews on these.
    (all i found was some feedback on the "padron replica" series.)

anywho, did any of you guys ever try these?
    if so, what did you think?

had my first hemingway last week, loved it, want more, but can't swing that price tag right now
    this "sounds like" a good alternative .... but before i spring for 10 of them, has anybody ever smoked one?

thanks