Home General Discussion

Shipping without Humi-Pillows???

VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
I have only shipped with pillows so far because I know how hot/dry it can get while in transit. Is it a REAL BAD idea to ship without pillows? I have 6 bags of stick waiting to be shipped and ZERO pillows. I can hold off till tuesday but would rather get them out ASAP. I know its a newbish question........

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I never ship with humi pillows. Ever had one blow up in transit? I don't feel as though I'm doing a disservice to the person receiving my package, the bag is sealed and transit takes 3 days tops.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    j0z3r:
    I never ship with humi pillows. Ever had one blow up in transit? I don't feel as though I'm doing a disservice to the person receiving my package, the bag is sealed and transit takes 3 days tops.
    LOL!
    It's kind of amazing how sticky that stuff is.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    I disagree with you guys. I always ship w/ humi pillows and a calibrated digital hygrometer.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    CCOM ships with humi, the sister site doesn't. IMO if the shipping is less than a few days, it really doesn't matter.
    On the other hand, when shipping overseas (to Kuwait, for example), temperature is more of an issue than humidity.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    jliu:
    I disagree with you guys. I always ship w/ humi pillows and a calibrated digital hygrometer.
    now who's lying.......LOL
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    now who's lying.......LOL
    oh forgot to mention that I also ensure to keep the cigars in my humi at a perfect 65 65 prior to sending it out. haaaa. hen hao shiao (very funny)
  • stadstad Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 386
    Cigars are pretty tough. They are able to with stand quite a lot of changes before any real damage occurs. I personally have brought back cigars that friends have left out for months, just to see of its possible. You would never know the difference after month or two in the humidor. A few days is not going to have any effect on the cigars overall. Just package them correctly and make sure they are in a zip lock type back and your set.

Personally I only use them if they are on hand when shipping around the country.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i ship with humidification in the winter and not in the summer.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    I've shipped without pillows a couple times, never had a complaint - so IMO, if you're shipping via Priority Mail within the US, and as long as you ship early in the week so the cigars aren't sitting for an extra day or two due to the weekend, you should be good without the pillows.

• The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    kuzi16:
    +1
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    Thanks guys! I usually ship with but sometimes its tough to get to a B&M locally that has them. I have about 6 for the next shipment which should get me thru to my pass.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    The Kid:
    kuzi16:
    +1
    +2.... Had one blow up today, it's a nasty mess to deal with. Thank God for cello
  • stowggiestowggie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 399
    catfishbluezz:
    The Kid:
    kuzi16:
    +1
    +2.... Had one blow up today, it's a nasty mess to deal with. Thank God for cello
    +3