Home General Discussion

After I'm done smoking...

hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 123
This is just a funny/odd story I felt like sharing.

My cat is...wierd (that would be the closest description). Whenever I go back into the house after smoking she usually greets me looking for attention. I'll start petting her and as soon as she smells the smoke on my hand she'll start licking it. She seems to really enjoy the smell because she doesn't lick my hand any other time.

Just felt like sharing that.

CK

Comments

• betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Get her some cigarillos! Those are like churchills for cats.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    I used to have a dog that would eat cigarette butts. I thought it was odd (and possibly harmful) so I asked our vet about it. He told me that nicotine was a wormer and due to that, not only were eating the cigarette butts not bad, but it was actually beneficial.
  • hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 123
    betasynn:
    Get her some cigarillos! Those are like churchills for cats.
    I might do that. It might be nice to have some company when I smoke at home.

CK
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    alienmisprint:
    I used to have a dog that would eat cigarette butts. I thought it was odd (and possibly harmful) so I asked our vet about it. He told me that nicotine was a wormer and due to that, not only were eating the cigarette butts not bad, but it was actually beneficial.
    Really? That's pretty cool, I always wondered why my dog would go and lick up my spit when I got too much tar buildup on my cigar. And to answer why I didn't think anything of him licking up spit: he's a weird dog anyways, didn't think it was anything but him being weird.
  • TumblerTumbler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 338
    alienmisprint:

That's why I do it...
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    This thread reminded me of good ol Ralph Wiggum....."My cat's breath smells like cat food"....love the Simpsons.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    hawaiianbass:
    This is just a funny/odd story I felt like sharing.

My cat is...wierd (that would be the closest description). Whenever I go back into the house after smoking she usually greets me looking for attention. I'll start petting her and as soon as she smells the smoke on my hand she'll start licking it. She seems to really enjoy the smell because she doesn't lick my hand any other time.

Just felt like sharing that.

CK
    maybe sharing the smoke with your cat... I had a friend who use to share his pot smoke with his animals... I'm actually internally laughing right now...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Garen B:
    alienmisprint:
    Really? That's pretty cool, I always wondered why my dog would go and lick up my spit when I got too much tar buildup on my cigar. And to answer why I didn't think anything of him licking up spit: he's a weird dog anyways, didn't think it was anything but him being weird.
    considering your dog licks his own butt licking spit up isn't all that weird...
  • brc81brc81 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 249
    My wife's poodle won't leave me alone if she's outside with me while I'm smoking. She wants me to hold her the whole time. Very annoying.