Home General Discussion

punisher shorty

jeep edsonjeep edson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 826
anyone else like these. the first 15 minutes were like trying to keep a fireball in your mouth. then the heat and lip numbing went away and it became a great smoke. i'm glad i stuck it out cause it really turns into a nice smoke once you get past the intial heat. jeep

Comments

• jeep edsonjeep edson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 826
    can a mod please move this to ratings and reviews. i put it in the wrong place. thank you. jeep
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    jeep edson:
    anyone else like these. the first 15 minutes were like trying to keep a fireball in your mouth. then the heat and lip numbing went away and it became a great smoke. i'm glad i stuck it out cause it really turns into a nice smoke once you get past the intial heat. jeep
    I had Exactly the same experiance with the regular sizes.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    jeep edson:
    can a mod please move this to ratings and reviews. i put it in the wrong place. thank you. jeep
    Mod.... you're cute. :-)

Havent had the Pvnisher in the Shorty size yet, although I was lucky enough to acquire one in a trade recently. Im a huge fan of these in the torpedo, so look forward to a similar experience with the Shorty. What was your total burn time with the Shorty, give or take?

• Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    The Sniper:
    Havent had the Pvnisher in the Shorty size yet, although I was lucky enough to acquire one in a trade recently. Im a huge fan of these in the torpedo, so look forward to a similar experience with the Shorty. What was your total burn time with the Shorty, give or take?

Yes! Tell us how you like it :) and I had a Shorty ROTT, but don't remember anything but the lip-numbing heat! I will have to try another, but I don't think I can handle it when its already 102° outside! Youch.
    burn time was a good 1.5 hours. it burns very slow. it made my lips numb before even lighting. like they dip the dang thing in hot sauce. haha either way once you burn that first 3rd that feeling goes away and it becomes a awesome smoke. i don't dare start saying what it taste like as i don't have a palate for that. i just have a twice a day habit that lets me know when a smoke is good:) it would prob be awesome after some hot tai food.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    I have loved every punisher I've had. But I can definately do without the pepper and numbness on the lips. Not sure what they were trying to accomplish with that. But if it were to take away from the flavor and fullness of the stick without it bieng like that then I'll gladly suffer thru those first couple minutes.
  • Knoxca1Knoxca1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 147
    I'm a big fan of the punisher as well. I've been waiting for the full size ones to come back into stock.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    I haven't had the shorty yet but love the original. I def consider myself one of the few that loves the mouth numbing lip burning feeling of the punisher. I love strong things in general and love the kick of this cigar I felt in trance like state the last time I had one. I'm a hot food lover who enjoys the hottest wings that make my mouth feel the way this cigar does I'm weird I know. I'm def buying a box when they are back in stock. It may just be me but I felT the tubed version was stronger than the cello wrapped edition that was offered originally.
    good to know i am not weird and others enjoyed this numbing smoke.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Rhamlin:
    I have loved every punisher I've had. But I can definately do without the pepper and numbness on the lips. Not sure what they were trying to accomplish with that. But if it were to take away from the flavor and fullness of the stick without it bieng like that then I'll gladly suffer thru those first couple minutes.
    Have you had a Cu-Avana Intenso? If not, I would recommend giving it a shot too.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    soooo.... here is a thought:
    kinda wish they would release a punisher without the fire infused wrapper leaf.

i wonder just how different that would be.
    I just lit up my second one of these after having the first quite a while ago... draw was tight at first, loosened up nice and all I think of is a backyard BBQ. Its spicy, real deep solid flavor, Smokey and meaty tasting, and just a little sweet. Makes me think of chewing on a spicy rubbed rack of ribs or something, lol! I dig it on this cooler July evening.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Thanks guys, I love "spicy" so I will definitely be on the look out for one of these!!!
    You wont be let down. Its like gulping hotsauce
  • *Petey**Petey* Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    kuzi16:
    soooo.... here is a thought:
    kinda wish they would release a punisher without the fire infused wrapper leaf.

i wonder just how different that would be.
    This is something i'd like to try, great idea kuzi.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    I really liked these. Picked up a box on the cheap and don't regret it one bit. I kinda want one now with a good, cold IPA. Kick that IPA before the heat runs out on the cigar and you may have found a perfect match for cigar and IPA.
    enjoying another shorty as i type this. i agree if they change wrapper or have someone smoke the first 15 minutes it would be the ***