Home General Discussion

does it make a dfifference

twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
ok newer botl only been at it a few months,was wondering if there is a difference in quality of some of the accessories.i have a punch and a cutterbut they are just ones ive bought pretty cheap.i have a jet butane lighter once again bought cheap was curious if i would notice any thing if i switched up to a more expensive line of stuff...thank you for any input

Comments

• 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Yep. It makes a difference. But more often than not, it ends up being a personal preference thing.
    Personally, i like xikar cutters and torch lighters. It all boils down to what your likes are.
    Regardless of what you like, a cutter that remains sharp or has a lifetime guarantee is worth the money spent.
  • jon00jonjon00jon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 45
    0patience:
    Yep. It makes a difference. But more often than not, it ends up being a personal preference thing.
    Personally, i like xikar cutters and torch lighters. It all boils down to what your likes are.
    Regardless of what you like, a cutter that remains sharp or has a lifetime guarantee is worth the money spent.
    This. I to like xikar stuff, but it is totally personal preference.
  • leonardleonard Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 359
    A good cutter makes a big difference. A cheap lighter works just as good as an expensive lighter. My $3 lighter wont die, been using it for years.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I have an Xikar I3, but the I2's are nice I just felt they were a bit cheaper on the build. Also a nice trick is to put the cutter on the table, put the cigar inside the cutter. That way you don't cut too much off. Nice way to get the feel for cutting. Also a punch is nice as well. Lighters are a personal thing. Some expensive ones look nice but do they last? I dunno. I have an Xikar that has issues and I haven't sent it in yet, but I have a 30 dollar one that works great. So it all depends, some people use cheap torches and have no problems at all.