Home General Discussion

Smoking in the car?

illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
Hey fellow BOTL, wanted to get your opinions. We're heading out of town for the 4th and I'm contemplating having a cigar on the drive. Does anyone on here smoke in the car? Does the cigar smell stick in the car for awhile? I just bought a (fairly) new car and I'm not sure if I want to smoke it up yet.

Comments

• MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    When I smoke in my car I crack the windows and set the heater/ac control to pull outside air in. When I am done and leaving the car I make sure to empty the ashtray. I also have an ionizer I plug into the 12v outlet when I am driving. I never leave the cigar or ash in the car. I also only smoke in it when I am by myself.

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I crank the windows down shut off the ac/heat and don't ash In the car. I have some spray that pretty much gets rid of any odor! But I also have leather seats so it doesn't cling much. Smoking with the windows down can cause some burn issues depending how fast you drive lol
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Yes I do. They wife has some spray she uses, an ionizer and febreeze.
    She says the febreeze works the best. I have a closed ashtray that I use.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    I only do on road trips, and typically after a couple days the smell is gone with febreeze
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    I smoke on the way home from work, about an hour. I open the sunroof or crack a window. The smell doesn't stick around too long unless you leave the cigar or ashes in the car overnight or something. I use a little tree air freshener (leather scent) and I think the car smells pretty damn good. So does my mom! And she doesn't smoke (and also says cigars stink)

I have also smoked with my wife in the car on a short ride. She hates cigar smell, but she was ok during the trip. If you work the windows right, it pulls the smoke right out. I am typically alone when I light up, though.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    My truck is my truck. I smoke in it. Got a problem?
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    you guys can seriously air out the car 100%? That's a bit hard to believe. If I don't wash my cigar smoking clothes, it clings on for weeks and weeks (sometimes months)
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    jliu:
    you guys can seriously air out the car 100%? That's a bit hard to believe. If I don't wash my cigar smoking clothes, it clings on for weeks and weeks (sometimes months)
    black and milds will do that
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I smoke in my A4 but not in my S4. I smoke with window down or cracked but as much as I try to be clean I get ash everywhere. I even have ash in my shift boot. Since this is my everyday car I don't care as.much plus I bought this car from a friend who also smoked cigars in it. He was cleaner than I...
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Not me. My wife just recently quit smoking cigarettes and I stopped 2 years ago. I used to fuss at her because the mercedez reeked of cigs. When we bought the Hummer H2, I laid strict rules down for no smoking in it. I like a clean vehicle, and it is just so hard to do when smoking in them. If I had an everyday beater that I drove, then hell yes I would.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Smoking in the car? Yes. I'm a fan.
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    Yup I smoke in the car (as seen by most of my morning pics). Gf doesn't mind as she smokes cigs in the car.
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    I smoke in my car everyday and will continue to due so, crack the window a little and light it up, and when you get in the car later, it will smell so good. Like a man's car should, like a cigar
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I do as well, and I don't do much aside from cracking the windows and putting the ac on fan to keep air moving but also to keep smoke from settling in the vents. I use my Xikar ash can so there is no stinky ashtray. Aside from that the way I see it is basically I don't mind a little cigar smell in my vehicle...and if someone else does, f*ck 'em it's my truck.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    i dont, but im pondering on whether or not i will for my drive to orlando in august, its a 10 hour trip, by myself...
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    beatnic:
    My truck is my truck. I smoke in it. Got a problem?
    That'd be me, too.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I smoke In my car all the time.
  • seagarloverseagarlover Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 437
    Great ?, I smoke in my car everyday, so yes my car smells like CGARS, my wife always bitches why do U have to smoke those F@#$ CGARS in the car. so my car has that AWESOME smell, but if U are not a daily car smoker the smell should be gone in about a day. I inveted my very own "CGAR Car Holder Caddy" I'm going to take picture and post it on this thread after I place it on PHOTOBUCKET to show what I had to make on my own until I found an actual CGAR CADDY
  • stadstad Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 386
    Smoking while driving is one of my favorite ways to enjoy a cigar. I found that if you have leather seating the smell will dissipate fairly quick. I don't use any air freshening and typically the smells aren't noticeable after a day or two. I have also noticed that cig smoke lingers in the air and sticks to clothes and car interiors much longer than cigar smoke.
    illinoisgolf99, Her is a picture of my home made "CGAR CADDY" I used a measuring cup and one tie down and a PVC PIPE as U can see it works well, total cost $1.69, then I was able to locate an actual Caddy for the car. Tell me what U all think CGAR CADDY #3 CGAR CADDY #2 HERE IS THE ONE THAT I BOUGHT FOR $8.00 CADDY
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    Looks like a great, easy way to ash in the car! Thanks for the tip! -- Jarett
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    seagarlover:
    illinoisgolf99, Her is a picture of my home made "CGAR CADDY" I used a measuring cup and one tie down and a PVC PIPE as U can see it works well, total cost $1.69, then I was able to locate an actual Caddy for the car. Tell me what U all think
    I like it!! Brilliant!
    I'd have to cap the back end of the tube the cigar goes into, cause the rough roads around here would surely let it slide through. But that gives me tons of ideas.
    Thanks!
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    I also have the cigar bobken that seegar has in the bottom picture. It works great. When I smoke in the car, I crack the window about an inch, then I blow the smoke towards the front of the window near where the side mirror is. As long as the car is moving, it will go right out the window like there's a vacuum. If you're taking local roads and have to stop, then it doesn't work as well. When I'm at a red light, the smoke just stays in place and doesn't circulate, so I have to pull down the window all the way to get more air flow. One thing I noticed is that the vacuum-effect doesn't work if I have two windows open, or one window and the sunroof. It only works if there's one window open, and everything else is closed.
    Unthought_Known. Yes it works great, for some reason the CGAR will not slide off when I make sharop turns, I thought maybe it had some sort of cushom to keep it in place but no. anyway if dont have one of these great items I gave you the blue prints and the items to purchase, and or if anybody wants to share what they have invented please share with the group, RIGHT ONN!!!! see ya all later waldo gator in a wile crockadile, dont be late if you have fait dont smoke tooooo late. SEEE YAAAA HERE IS A PICTURE OF MY NEW NUB FOR THE 4TH OF JULY. LIKE IT "NUB" AND SOME OTHER PATRIOTIC SMOKE PICTURES Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket