Home General Discussion

July COTM Club Shipment - Shorty's Revenge!

TropeanTropean Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7
The CCOM Cigar of the Month Club shipment for July just arrived, and if you like 'em short, you'll love this selection: image The cigars are the San Lotano Oval (Robusto, 5.5" x 54); the Man o' War Side Project (52C, 5.0" x 52); the Graycliff Original (PG, 5.25" x 50); the Cigar.com American Label (Robusto, 5.0" x 50); and the A. Fuente Hemingway (Short Story, 4.5" x 49). Have a great 4th of July!

Comments

• hairnutzhairnutz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4
    I received this as well - my first shipment as I just joined.

The San Lotano is one Ive been wanting to try. Never had a Graycliff so Im looking forward to that. Ive had Man o Wars and have liked them - so Im also looking forward to that as well. The Hemingway was also one that Ive read good reviews on prior to receiving it. The Cigar.com label - I have been curious about them but have never really talked myself into trying it so Im looking forward to that as well.

Ive read many reviews on the Pros / Cons to the various CotM clubs. Personally, I joined so that I would be sent items that I probably wouldnt have purchased myself - for variety. Given what I received - Im actually pretty happy with the selection.

Looking forward to next months. Considering upgrading to the double club.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Graycliffs are hit or miss with me. However this one I want to try. Haven't had that many. The Expresso was so so, the Double expresso was not consistent, the Professional was too peppery for me and always felt soft, the 1666 was again inconsistent, the G2 was ok, the Turbo was really good, the Avolina Lara 80th was just ok but the Turbo EL was really good. The rest I have not tried. I would like too but for the price I would rather buy a Fuente or Padron. With that being said, as much as I like Fuente I do not like the Short Stories. Something about them. Could be mental but they aren't as good as the regular sizes in the Hemingway line.
  • jesenstenjesensten Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 36
    The CCOM American Blend was impressive! I took it with on a golf outing on Monday and it was perfect for a walking smoke. Nice thick smoke with a good flavor but not overpowering while you're active doing something else. Unfortunately my Short Story last night was not good at all... It was fine for about the first 20 minutes and then it turned south, almost tasting sour. I love the Hemingways so I attributed it to bad luck, but a big bummer as I was looking forward to it having not had that vitola. Really looking forward to lighting up the MOW this weekend.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    This month was all winners, that's for sure! Best part, for me, was the San Lotano, as it gave me an excuse to smoke the last one I had in the humidor, since I have a replacement. Also, although I usually give a months rest to the COTM shipments, I had to try the Short Story, which I think is now my wife's favorite new cigar. Anyone had the Replica yet? Is it close?
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Amos Umwhat:
    Also, although I usually give a months rest to the COTM shipments...
    I give mine a full 6 months before I smoke them. Makes it hard.