Home General Discussion

Gurkha Beauty Maduro?

Stryker808Stryker808 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269

I recently ordered the Clash of the Titans Gurka Sampler from Cigar.com and was looking forward to smoking the beauty and the beast, both which I have had before.  But the Beauty that came in the sampler had a maduro wrapper that looked exactly like the beast. Is this something new?  The beauty is supposed to have a Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper but it is definatly a  maduro without a doubt. I can't find anything online about a maduro beauty. Anybody every heard of this, or have any information?

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Stryker808:

I recently ordered the Clash of the Titans Gurka Sampler from Cigar.com and was looking forward to smoking the beauty and the beast, both which I have had before.  But the Beauty that came in the sampler had a maduro wrapper that looked exactly like the beast. Is this something new?  The beauty is supposed to have a Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper but it is definatly a  maduro without a doubt. I can't find anything online about a maduro beauty. Anybody every heard of this, or have any information?

I almost would say that maybe it's mis-labeled or perhaps a darker conni. Unless a beauty maduro is brand new it doesn't exist. I have a box of beauties and none have a dark wrapper. this is rather interesting.
  • hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 123
    That Beauty looks exactly like the Beast to me. The Beauty is supposed to be a counterpart to the Beast so I don't think the Beauty would have a maduro version. Give cigar.com a call about it.

CK
    hawaiianbass:
    That Beauty looks exactly like the Beast to me. The Beauty is supposed to be a counterpart to the Beast so I don't think the Beauty would have a maduro version. Give cigar.com a call about it.

CK
    that was the reason behind the two blends. a beauty maduro wouldn't really do that..
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    thanks for the response guys.  I think it might be a mislable as the beauties in the samplers don't come in tubes but boxed with other gurkas maybe they made a mistake.  Only one way to find out what it is......Im gonna have to smoke it!!!
  • VidarienVidarien Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
    Thats one of the stranger things ive ever seen. Maybe the preparers at their factory accidently put on the wrong band and ccom didnt catch it either. Im curious what alex thinks of this.
    Stryker808:
    thanks for the response guys.  I think it might be a mislable as the beauties in the samplers don't come in tubes but boxed with other gurkas maybe they made a mistake.  Only one way to find out what it is......Im gonna have to smoke it!!!
    It would be funny if they both tasted the same..