Home General Discussion

New Smoker need a recommendation...

isdltisdlt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello all,
I'm a new smoker and realized the allure of cigars a couple of months ago. I purchased a couple of brandy soaked and fell in love that night! I started with the sampler pack, and enjoyed them, but find myself in need of a recommendation.

I like a light to medium body with a good aroma. Cedar and wood scents would be great. Any ideas are very much appreciated! John

Comments

• 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    isdlt:
    Hello all,
    I'm a new smoker and realized the allure of cigars a couple of months ago. I purchased a couple of brandy soaked and fell in love that night! I started with the sampler pack, and enjoyed them, but find myself in need of a recommendation.

I like a light to medium body with a good aroma. Cedar and wood scents would be great. Any ideas are very much appreciated! John

That's probably one of the hardest questions in this hobby to answer.
    Everyone's tastes are so subjective.

But since you like the brandy soaked infused, then you may want to check out CAO Flavours, Acid or Drew Estates line.

As for cedar wood scents, cameroons or corojos? I don't know. But they are usually pretty good. LOL!

What was the sample pack you got? What cigars in it did you like?
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    I think the 5 Vegas Sampler is a GREAT way to find your likes and dislikes. There are about 5 different samplers from 5 Vegas. This could be a starting point. I do agree with 0Patience tho. Taste is VERY subjective.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Try the Avo take 5 sampler bro, all are medium and cover a ton of complexity
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    Just jump in the deep end and have a Lito Gomez cigar. On an empty stomach. First thing in the AM.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    jliu:
    Just jump in the deep end and have a Lito Gomez cigar. On an empty stomach. First thing in the AM.
    Oh you have no mercy, do you? ROFL!
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    haha I just read "cedar" and thought this. I love LG stuff for that cedar earthiness. He'll come back and give me a big middle finger. I'll be waiting
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    jliu:
    haha I just read "cedar" and thought this. I love LG stuff for that cedar earthiness. He'll come back and give me a big middle finger. I'll be waiting
    Or a My Father cedros...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    if you are looking for a non-infused cigar with a good amount of cedar, ,check out the Four Kicks line.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Isdit, I sent you a PM bro. Check your inbox.