Home General Discussion

CCOM FORUM BLEND WEEKLY POLL 4: BINDER

Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
Okay, to make sure everyone is on the same page, we have a medium bodied cigar with:

Wrapper: Sumatra Ecuador Viso for the natural versiona and Brazilian Arapiraca for the Maduro version

Fillers: 25% Costa Rican Maduro Seco, 25% Nicaragua Condega Viso, 25% Ometepe Nicaragua Ligero and 25% San Andrew Mexico Seco/Viso

Now it is time to pick the binder.... the last step. While the wrapper was selected mainly for its flavor, and the fillers are used to dictate both flavor and strength, a good blender will select a binder for its durability and combusibility, but also as the final ingredient to flavor. Think of it as the "pinch of salt" when tasting the batter before putting it into the oven. Based on what we have already selected, I am going to only proved a revised or shortened list of binders and it will be composed of only things I know will blend well. Specifically, I am going to stay away from exotics and focus more on only more traditional cuban seed offerings that will help establish a base.

Binder (choose 1)
Habano Jalapa Nicaragua (reddish wrapper that is thin with a distinct sweetness)
Habano Jamastran Honduras (tough wrapper that has a strong full flavor and long finish)
Habano Copan Honduras (spicy and sweet with a rich overtone and long finish)
Connecticut Ecuador (thin and sweet wrapper with woody, cedary notes)
Sumatra Indonesia (a toothy wrapper that yields a mild to moderate flavor that is bitter and sweet) br>
Can't wait to hear from everyone.

Comments