Home General Discussion

Xicar and a why?

SpoiledlizSpoiledliz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5
Got my fuel in today. Xicar Butane.... Bled the lighter, filled her up (the lighter), and then fired it up.... this is the craptacular mess I am dealing with. Why is this happening.... NO TORCH.... Its like a $60 bic! I followed the directions to the T.

Photobucket

Comments

• VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    So... I just noticed that my WIFE has made her own account! That post above was ME VISION from her laptop which she was logged into the forums..... I wonder what she had in store for me?!?!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Ok ready? First look where the fuel comes out at the top of the lighter. You will notice there is a hole where the fuel comes out and around it there are little slits. The little slits get clogged from time to time. Try blowing on it really hard a couple times to unclog them it that doesn't work you have to take it apart and find what is constricting the air flow
    OMG OMG OMG NOW ITS A FLAME THROWER. Its literally spitting fire.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Turn flame down!!!!!!
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Vision:
    Photobucket

Not normal?
    SWEET!! DO WANT!!

What kind of Xikar lighter is that anyway?

• BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Crazy question bro... Are you sure that is supposed to be the torch and not the soft flame version of that lighter?
    BigT06:
    Crazy question bro... Are you sure that is supposed to be the torch and not the soft flame version of that lighter?

I thought the same and asked my wife, who bought it for me. She went back to the site and receipt and its SUPPOSED to be a torch.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    BigT06:
    That's what I was wondering
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Vision:
    Photobucket

Not normal?

That would explain the strange borealis-type light show I noticed earlier!
    Toombes:
    Vision:
    Photobucket

Not normal?

Anyone know a good roofer?
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    Hahahah, that is awesome!
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    Vision:
    Toombes:
    Vision:
    Photobucket

Not normal?

Anyone know a good roofer?
    Now that's a fire!
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    At any rate Vision, it's a Xikar, so bleed the tank and send it in. They'll either fix it or replace it. I suggest doing it before that thing blows your hand off!!
    xmacro:
    At any rate Vision, it's a Xikar, so bleed the tank and send it in. They'll either fix it or replace it. I suggest doing it before that thing blows your hand off!!

Yea... Im done. Off to the local Xicar dealer tomorrow. I will trade it for the Liga. I guess the 101 isnt being produced anymore.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Vision:
    xmacro:

Yea... Im done. Off to the local Xicar dealer tomorrow. I will trade it for the Liga. I guess the 101 isnt being produced anymore.
    I LOVE the Liga lighter. If I didn't love my current lighter, that's definitely what I'd get!
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    If you can't get it solved on your own shoot Andy an email. He's our resident lighter expert.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    I want one of THOSE ones. 12" flame. That's what I'm talking about. LOL!
    How come everyone else gets the cool stuff? ROFL!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    the EX and EXII are supposed to be soft flames.

that flame is WAY better than a bic (your original photo)
    its windproof.
    your Bic isnt that.
  • TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    I have the ex 2 without the cool 101 emblem. It's an awesome lighter and love it. It is supposed to be soft flame like Kuzi said. Must be a misprint in the ad.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    Since when did Xikar start making crack lighters?
  • *Petey**Petey* Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    Spoiledliz:
    Got my fuel in today. Xicar Butane.... Bled the lighter, filled her up (the lighter), and then fired it up.... this is the craptacular mess I am dealing with. Why is this happening.... NO TORCH.... Its like a $60 bic! I followed the directions to the T.

Photobucket
    This looks pretty good to me, if as Kuzi said is supposed to be a soft flame, then you just got a sweet lighter. the second picture, I'd try to undo that . . . . hahahahah.
    Yup I am an ***. Its a soft flame. I wasnt a hugh fan of melting my face so I traded it in for a Torch today. It was an awsome lighter but I would look stupid... more stupid with one eyebrow. If it didnt turn into a WW2 flame trower.... yea it would of been the sickness.