Home General Discussion

Silly situation

interpiminterpim Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 146
Ok, so I have a nice humidor that I keep my sticks in, and I never lock it, since nobody else in the house messes with them...
Except!, for 2 days ago... My 5 year old son decided to lock the humidor, and then lost the key...
So, basically I have been unable to find the key or get the damn humidor open, and would have loved to smoke last night
I need hints/tips on getting one of these open without destroying my humi.

And yes, i'll wait till you stop laughing.

:)

Comments

• Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    go to a local B and M, most of the keys i have seen are about the same, one of there's might work.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    So sorry to hear that....hehe....but yeah, you could probably contact the manufacturer of the humi to get another!
  • TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    what type of humi is it? if it is one of the ones with the brass fit locks on front you could always try a handcuff key...Either from one of the kids, or one of the kinky costumes...Or, if all else fails send it to me and I will figure out how to open it and return it...fee is everything thats inside to make sure this doesnt happen again. Good luck with the quest or hunt for the key though, I know how those kids can be!
  • interpiminterpim Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 146
    The sad thing is, it's a glass top Humi, and I can see them in there staring back at me... but I still can't get to them! Thanks for the tips... I think my son has a set of fake handcuffs, but I bet the key is missing from that as well LOL.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    This made me giggle, but it could have been worse... when my oldest started walking decently, EVERY SINGLE TIME I left a pack of cigarettes laying around where she could reach it, she would wander off... and I would come around the corner looking for her only to find her EATING THEM!!! Thank GOD it only happened twice.

Said all that to say this - be glad your cigar collection was only safely locked, and not INGESTED! :-D

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    PM me your address and I'll mail you a key. From what I've seen, they're pretty standard. You could always try to jimmy it with a bent paper clip, the mechanism isn't too complicated.
    j0z3r:
    PM me your address and I'll mail you a key. From what I've seen, they're pretty standard. You could always try to jimmy it with a bent paper clip, the mechanism isn't too complicated.

where at in SoCal are you? I'm in San Diego, if your close I'll bring the whole humidor and share a stick with you LOL
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    interpim:
    j0z3r:

where at in SoCal are you? I'm in San Diego, if your close I'll bring the whole humidor and share a stick with you LOL
    I'm in Riverside Co, so not too close...depending on where in SD you are, I'm 60-90 mins away. But if I get a key in the mail today, there's a decent chance you'll have it tomorrow.
  • *Petey**Petey* Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    HAHAHA, very funny.

I unlocked mine and threw the key away for this very reason. I didn't ever want to have it locked and not be able to find the key.

I would take Joe's approach as well and try the paperclip first and see if that gets er done then if not, go the new key approach.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    all you need is a rock, a snickers candy bar and duck tape... if you have to ask what each one is for just send me the humi and I will send pics..... but really.... Good luck!!
    ahhh... :)
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions, and thanks for offering to mail me a key j0z3r... With a little finesse and a paperclip, I now have access to my cigars again. :)

• Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Hope ya get in there soon!! Kids and cigars or stashes don't mix I came home from work yesterday and came strait to my humi like normal open it up and it's a mess apparently my 2 y/o son decided to take up the habit or just loves the smell everything appeared ok until I took the shelf out and there laid my poor broken in half gem that I just got last week from Jason :( yep my ZOMBIE got blitzed tv is killing our kids I swear all these Ombie killings and lance must have thought it was gonna attack!!!! Lol sry for jumping ur post but had to share :)