Home General Discussion

cedar spills

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
Anyone ever use these to light your cigar? How was it?

Comments

• DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I got a couple free from another site. never used them ended up just tossing them.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    I've done it a couple of times at a BnM. It wasn't anything special. I go torch or soft flame (when inside). No differences found in terms of flavor. It's kinda fun though. I wave it around like Petey Pablo (like a helicopter).
  • rburke1129rburke1129 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 383
    Funny you should ask Krieg...I used one this weekend for the first time. It worked well and I was able to get 2 cigars lit with a 12" piece. I can't say it was any better than a lighter though.
  • stadstad Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 386
    I tend to use them whenever my cigar is wrapped in one. I like the cedar taste mingeled with the tobacco. It only lasts for the first puff so no, it won't ruin your $15 cigar. Plus it's fun!!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I've never had any luck with the cedar sleeves, but the sheets used to separate the rows in a box make nice spills for lighting. I don't think it's any better or worse than using matches or a lighter, just a different approach. The cedar does smell nice when it burns though.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    My local B&M (Tampa Humidor - great place BTW) has a bunch of free cedar spills that they keep on the tables (they get them from the boxes they open), and I wind up using them; it's a nice experience, it's fun, and it looks pretty cool, but I can't taste the difference.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    thought about trying to find some of these and giving them a try. I figured it would be just like using a cigar match. When I have the time, I do like to take my time in lighting my cigar. Keeps the wrapper looking nice and is just a relaxing experience. Not to mention a nice aroma.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i like them. i feel that they burn cooler than even my soft flame lighter. the cooler the light, the better in my opinion.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Krieg:
    thought about trying to find some of these and giving them a try. I figured it would be just like using a cigar match. When I have the time, I do like to take my time in lighting my cigar. Keeps the wrapper looking nice and is just a relaxing experience. Not to mention a nice aroma.
    Chris, don't spend money on them, just make some as Joe said:
    j0z3r:
    .......the sheets used to separate the rows in a box make nice spills for lighting.
    I just broke up about 10 sheets this weekend to do this. If you want some to try out I'll send them to you. Haven't tried them yet and they don't look to pretty (neither do I, lol) but I am positive they'll work.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    I use them when I light up exclusive cigars.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    rzaman:
    I always imagined you lighting them with $100 bills, lol
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Ken Light:
    rzaman:
    I always imagined you lighting them with $100 bills, lol
    LOL +1
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    The first time I ever saw that is when the bartendress at the Blarney Stone in Myrtle Beach lit my cigar with one. It worked well, but the best part is that she was short and well endowed and she had to lean forward over the bar to do it while wearing a low cut blouse!

So, it was a great experience, but I'm not sure just where to put the credit!