Home General Discussion

A night to remember.......

mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
Ok, so I have been thinking about posting this for some time but got caught up moving, re-moving, working, etc. I have to tell you guys about a night I had 2 weeks ago. First off, one of my wife's bucket list items was to go to a Dave Matthews Band concert. So, being the amazing husband I am, I surprised her with tickets.image The concert was on a Tue night in Atlanta at the Aaron's Amphitheatre. We both took half days off at work and I packed my herfador, for what I expected to be a great night.image Well, once we got to the concert area, little did we know, people treat this like tailgating for a college football game. The chairs came out, the drinks flowed nonstop, and a good time was had by all. We were very under-prepared and hadn't brought anything to drink. Now, some of you may know, my favorite drink is Woodford Reserve and a splash of ginger ale with a lime. My wife's favorite is any kind of coconut rum. So here we are, nothing to drink, playing cards in the back of her car. We strike up a conversation with a couple next to us and wouldn't you know, they offer us a drink. Guess what it is!!! Crown Royal and ginger ale PLUS the LIME!!!! Then, as if you would've guessed, there was a gal on the other side of us selling bracelets. My wife goes over to buy one and comes back with a pint of Parrot Bay! AMAZING right? So, things are going so well, I decide I MUST fire up a smoke that I've been dying to try. image This thing was so good, the drink was so tasty, my wife was so happy, things were just great. We have our drinks and then it's time to go inside. We grab a bite to eat, listen a little to the opener, and the wife decides that she wants to smoke her stick that she brought. We fire it up and really smoke it WAY too fast but it is still delicious all the same! image The concert starts and we have a BLAST! During one portion of the concert, it seems like the whole audience started smoking pot and to be honest I believe I got "high" for the first time in my life. image So the concert ends and my wife tells me she has a surprise for me. I'm thinking.......Yippeee! She informs me that there is a place she wants to take me and get my mind out of the gutter. LOL! She gives me a little info about a place called Prohibition in East Andrews. Says we can smoke cigars there and have a night cap before going up to our room! We pull up to the valet service and I ask where Prohibition was and they direct us down the hall to the right. We walk down the hall and the only thing on the right is an antique looking phone booth. I'm confused and my wife is just looking at me smiling. She tells me to go into the phone booth and ask them. I step into the phone booth and pick up the phone and hear a dial tone. I dial 0 and a lady says "operator." I tell her my situation that I am in a phone booth, trying to go to a place called Prohibition, but that I must need a password or something. She tells me while laughing at me that she was a "real" operator and that she had no idea how to help me. That's when I saw a guy walking through the courtyard. I ran up to him and asked if he had the code to get in. He said to just dial this number into the phone. I am so pleased and hurry back to the booth. I dial the number and all of a sudden, the wall that the phone is mounted to, opens up. I recognize the aromas immediately as cigar smoke. I then motion for my wife to follow me in. We are greeted by a waitress that takes us to a very plush booth. The place is decorated in 1920's style and the flat screens are showing Charlie Chaplin flicks. The lighting is very dim, but there in one corner, is a very nice looking humi! I walk over to it and immediately the Montecristo #2 catches my eye. Brian and I had been discussing this particular smoke for some time so even at 18$, I had to try it!!! image They also had a menu with all their smokes in it too!image I order the MC #2 and our waitress cuts it and lights it. I order my favorite drink and it is amazing, an Old Fashioned. The cigar, the drink, the venue, and the company are all amazing! I am a very lucky man and wanted to share this night with you guys. !image If you ever are in Atlanta, you gotta check this place out!!! The bartender also gives me a cigar that is a special blend that was supposedly crafted by Rocky Patel for this bar. Of course, it is named Prohibition.

Comments

• ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    mmccartneydc:
    Ok, so I have been thinking about posting this for some time but got caught up moving, re-moving, working, etc. I have to tell you guys about a night I had 2 weeks ago. First off, one of my wife's bucket list items was to go to a Dave Matthews Band concert. So, being the amazing husband I am, I surprised her with tickets.image The concert was on a Tue night in Atlanta at the Aaron's Amphitheatre. We both took half days off at work and I packed my herfador, for what I expected to be a great night.image Well, once we got to the concert area, little did we know, people treat this like tailgating for a college football game. The chairs came out, the drinks flowed nonstop, and a good time was had by all. We were very under-prepared and hadn't brought anything to drink. Now, some of you may know, my favorite drink is Woodford Reserve and a splash of ginger ale with a lime. My wife's favorite is any kind of coconut rum. So here we are, nothing to drink, playing cards in the back of her car. We strike up a conversation with a couple next to us and wouldn't you know, they offer us a drink. Guess what it is!!! Crown Royal and ginger ale PLUS the LIME!!!! Then, as if you would've guessed, there was a gal on the other side of us selling bracelets. My wife goes over to buy one and comes back with a pint of Parrot Bay! AMAZING right? So, things are going so well, I decide I MUST fire up a smoke that I've been dying to try. image This thing was so good, the drink was so tasty, my wife was so happy, things were just great. We have our drinks and then it's time to go inside. We grab a bite to eat, listen a little to the opener, and the wife decides that she wants to smoke her stick that she brought. We fire it up and really smoke it WAY too fast but it is still delicious all the same! image The concert starts and we have a BLAST! During one portion of the concert, it seems like the whole audience started smoking pot and to be honest I believe I got "high" for the first time in my life. image So the concert ends and my wife tells me she has a surprise for me. I'm thinking.......Yippeee! She informs me that there is a place she wants to take me and get my mind out of the gutter. LOL! She gives me a little info about a place called Prohibition in East Andrews. Says we can smoke cigars there and have a night cap before going up to our room! We pull up to the valet service and I ask where Prohibition was and they direct us down the hall to the right. We walk down the hall and the only thing on the right is an antique looking phone booth. I'm confused and my wife is just looking at me smiling. She tells me to go into the phone booth and ask them. I step into the phone booth and pick up the phone and hear a dial tone. I dial 0 and a lady says "operator." I tell her my situation that I am in a phone booth, trying to go to a place called Prohibition, but that I must need a password or something. She tells me while laughing at me that she was a "real" operator and that she had no idea how to help me. That's when I saw a guy walking through the courtyard. I ran up to him and asked if he had the code to get in. He said to just dial this number into the phone. I am so pleased and hurry back to the booth. I dial the number and all of a sudden, the wall that the phone is mounted to, opens up. I recognize the aromas immediately as cigar smoke. I then motion for my wife to follow me in. We are greeted by a waitress that takes us to a very plush booth. The place is decorated in 1920's style and the flat screens are showing Charlie Chaplin flicks. The lighting is very dim, but there in one corner, is a very nice looking humi! I walk over to it and immediately the Montecristo #2 catches my eye. Brian and I had been discussing this particular smoke for some time so even at 18$, I had to try it!!! image They also had a menu with all their smokes in it too!image I order the MC #2 and our waitress cuts it and lights it. I order my favorite drink and it is amazing, an Old Fashioned. The cigar, the drink, the venue, and the company are all amazing! I am a very lucky man and wanted to share this night with you guys. !image If you ever are in Atlanta, you gotta check this place out!!! The bartender also gives me a cigar that is a special blend that was supposedly crafted by Rocky Patel for this bar. Of course, it is named Prohibition.

And you didn't invite me?!?! WTH?
    Sounds like you had an awesome time, Matt! Glad to see that you and the wife got to have an excellent time!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Good for you Doc. You can never go wrong with a good jam band like DMB. Prohibition sounds like a place I'd enjoy. I can't stand most clubs/bars around here. Glad you had a good time and thanks for sharing it with us... You pothead.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Sounds like a night for the ages brother!!! Thanks for sharing with us!

PS: Your wife definitely falls solidly in the "KEEPER" category! :-)

• MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Toombes:
    mmccartneydc:

And you didn't invite me?!?! WTH?
    Sounds like you had an awesome time, Matt! Glad to see that you and the wife got to have an excellent time!
    Very cool Doc!!! Looks like a blast!!
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Matt, thank you for sharing such a special and epic night with us that is just so so wicked kewl brother! You obviously have an amazing family and I'm glad you both such fantastic experiences ;) You really have an amazing woman there, hang onto her and treat her right like you obviously already do, congrats Doc!!
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    90+ Irishman:
    Matt, thank you for sharing such a special and epic night with us that is just so so wicked kewl brother! You obviously have an amazing family and I'm glad you both such fantastic experiences ;) You really have an amazing woman there, hang onto her and treat her right like you obviously already do, congrats Doc!!
    Thanks Brett, yeah I forgot to mention that the next day we spent the whole day furniture shopping for the new house. And then, the only way I was allowed to go to tobacco world (1000 sq ft humi) was to go to the jewelry shop where I bought her engagement ring. I walked out of the B&M with 5 sticks dropping 40$ and walked out of the jewelry shop with 2cts of emerald earrings!!!! LOL, so, you could definitely say that we take good care of eachother!
    Direwolf:
    Good for you Doc. You can never go wrong with a good jam band like DMB. Prohibition sounds like a place I'd enjoy. I can't stand most clubs/bars around here. Glad you had a good time and thanks for sharing it with us... You pothead.
    LMAO, I actually have never smoked pot in my life. Atleast, up until then! hahahahahaaha!
    The Sniper:
    Sounds like a night for the ages brother!!! Thanks for sharing with us!

PS: Your wife definitely falls solidly in the "KEEPER" category! :-)

Glen, she definitely is! And I tell her everyday!!!
  • JaxcolonJaxcolon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 24
    Very cool you got pics from the night!
    LOL, yeah, Tracie is good at documenting things like that. I was so "in the moment" that I could have cared less! LMAO, maybe it was the weed! HA!
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Very cool. Looks like you had a great time and "Prohibition" sounds like one helluva awesome place to have a smoke.
    Thanks for sharing this - and if I'm ever near Atlanta I'll certainly check it out.
    jgibv:
    Very cool. Looks like you had a great time and "Prohibition" sounds like one helluva awesome place to have a smoke.
    Thanks for sharing this - and if I'm ever near Atlanta I'll certainly check it out.
    You must!!! Also, gotta try their house blend stick! I am currently trying to procure some, but there is no info online for them, so i have to call!
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    mmccartneydc:
    jgibv:
    You must!!! Also, gotta try their house blend stick! I am currently trying to procure some, but there is no info online for them, so i have to call!
    Will do - I'm always curious to try "house-blends" whenever I have the opportunity.
    If you're able to get some you'll have to post a review and give us an idea of how they are.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    mmccartneydc:
    Direwolf:
    LMAO, I actually have never smoked pot in my life. Atleast, up until then! hahahahahaaha!
    That's alright.. I did your share for you... and pretty much everyone else's
    Direwolf:
    mmccartneydc:
    Direwolf:
    That's alright.. I did your share for you... and pretty much everyone else's
    LOL! So you were a stoner huh? too funny!
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Sounds like an awesome night. I'm soooooooooo jealous. ROFL!
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    Sounds like an amazing night, glad you enjoyed it
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Brother that sounds AMAZING, but you forgot that you tormented me the whole night with texts and video messages lol and you suck as usual !! Lol
    Thanks guys and yes, I did call/text/and send pics and videos the whole night to Brian! I just had to share the excitement with someone who loves cigars and Brian was the lucky recipient!!!