Home General Discussion

Sacramento

catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
Any BOTL's up in sac town or know a good place to smoke?? I will be up there from the 13th-15th to ply a revival. There is a slim chance I might be able to sneak a smoke in....slim... I won't be taking any, but may try and sneak out if i can. Let me know, I will be playing it by ear.

Comments

• BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    Fish, there are a couple of us up this way, MTucelli, myself, etc. Where you gonna be in Sac.? I know a couple BMS close as do some of the other guys. Depends if you are gonna be closer to I50 or I80 and how far up each of those? Let me know, I will be in town.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Yeah, I'm within driving distance and I see that Hays is back on the boards. He was living in the Sacto. Area when I last saw him. And the Perfecto Lounge in Roseville is a great place to burn one and have a beer. My schedule for the 13th-15th is kinda spotty but I'd be down for a Herf if my calendar will comply.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    plus one on Perfecto Lounge. Went there about two years ago. That's where I met Hays and Joey. Stop by there if you can. Pretty good selection (way better than stuff around the Bay Area). Speaking of Bay Area, let me know if you got time to stop by anywhere w/in my neck of the woods. Would like to eat some french fries with you
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    I'll get the name of the place we are staying and let you guys know. It is a church event, so I am not sure how receptive they might be to the idea, but I know a couple of the guys could care less. If I drive, you best believe I will be looking to sneak out lol.
    Word, let us know.
    It depends on funding for the event, given it is church related...I come cheap on principle in that regard, but I have to engineer and melt faces so they tend to give me a little leash. If I get my own room and drive, it's on. If I have to share and or carpool I'll be playing be ear so as to offend anyone.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    I'm down for a get-together if I can pull it off, and I know the entire area pretty much down to the wire - there's several shops around, and you have options pretty much anywhere you end up (a lot of this might not make sense to you if you're not familiar with the area).

In downtown Sacramento, you have:
    Fat Man Cigars
    Rodney's Cigars (not a lounge, but decent selection for what it is [mostly a liquor store])
    Tower Pipe and Cigar (iconic shop, no lounge)

Outlying Sacramento:
    Tobacco Road (fantastic shop, huge selection and huge lounge)
    Rocky's Cigars
    Briar Patch (very upscale place, pay to use the lounge)

Roseville Area (Sacramento suburb, often gets tied into "Sacramento"):
    Perfecto Lounge (already mentioned here, only place you can have beer and wine with your cigars, and my regular lounge)
    Tobacco Republic (fantastic spot a little outside Roseville, but good selection and very knowledgable owners).

Shoot me a message with your # if you want, maybe we can connect when you're out.
    So I am staying at the holiday inn express on west stockton in elk grove. I was supposed to leave today, looks like tomorrow and I will be driving. If I am free, it would e Thursday or Friday afternoon to herf. Let me know if there is anywhere near there, I am not familiar with the area
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Catfish, I could probably do friday afternoon depending on the time. Work somewhat near there. You have any indication about time? If we don't get to meet up couple of heads up thoughts, First, dont go north of Big Horn Blvd. and west of the 99 at night the place starts to get seedy, S%^t who am I kidding it is down right ghetto at night. If you look at a map the places I am talking about are near Center Parkway just north of where you are staying. I would eat and venture east of 99 on Laguna Blvd. in Elk Grove and you should have no issues. Let me know about herfing and have fun!
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    I'm open and available this afternoon if you want to connect somewhere in Sacramento (which would be the closest desirable option for you anyway). PM me if you want.