Home General Discussion

Colibri grip cutters?

0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
I've been eyeing the Colibri Grip Diesel Cutter, more because I like the looks of it, than anything else.
I have my Xikar Xi cutters, but for the price, I might just get one to have.

Anyone have one of these? How well are they holding up? Staying sharp?

Comments

• marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    I'd be curious too, I have been using cheapo's, and they are starting to get dull. I just want to get a good one.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    They get the job done, but aren't a xikar.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    I don't know how well they hold up, but I had a Colibri cutter when I first started out. Did the job just fine. The first time I used a Xikar however, I couldn't believe how much easier it cut. I've still got the Colibri grip... it's not the Diesel style, but it's the same other than the paint job. Shoot me a pm if you want, and I'll send it out for you to try before you she'll out dough for one if you'd like.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I have a xikar,vector and colibri. All are good but between the three I use the xikar for home and the Vector on travel. The colibri doesn't hold up as well and is not as sharp as either of the ones I have. Personally I don't like the colibri much and keep it in the car for "just I'm case" times
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Thanks guys. Kind of what I thought. I think I'll pass on the Colibri and stick with my old Xikars.
    Which reminds me, I should get one of them sent in and repaired and sharpened. LOL!

On that note, how many have had the springs fail on their xikar?
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I had one when CCom first started carrying them. It's a good cutter, but the blades don't hold an edge well, and just can't compare to Palio or XiKar.
  • *Petey**Petey* Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    I actually use this exact cutter, got it for christmas lasr year and it was a huge upgrade for me. Still feels sharp to me, but I've never used a palio or xikar, so I can't compare to those, but I'm still happy with mine.