Home General Discussion

New Orleans.....

lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
Gonna be there this week (6/4-6/5)... Any suggestions on where to grab a smoke? I'm not going to be bringing any of my own so, I'll be needing a good B&M. Also, if you're a local and want to meet up Mon in the afternoon, let me know.

Also, taking any other suggestions on where to dine or drink....

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    there is a shop between Royal and Bourbon street on Orleans Ave called Crescent City Cigar Shop.
    Armando is the guy that owns the place. he really knows his stuff.
    you may wanna PM beatnic, he lives down there and Knows Armando well.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Armando is a nice guy and knows his cigars. Decent prices and some smaller brands. Visit him and pick up a Curivari. You won't be disappointed.

Then stop by New Orleans Cigar Factory on Decatur (by the water) and talk to Al. Tell him Rob from Boston sent you and try his maduro. The Cameroon was ok but the maduro was really nice. He also has a small shop right on Bourbon St.

Finally, there's a little shop down a back alley near the Green Goddess restaurant (good food there) that has a great selection and very reasonable prices. They pay low rent since they're off the beaten path and not in a high traffic, tourist area.

For food, definitely hit Coop's on Decatur, Cafe du Monde for Beignets, Cafe Maspero for a Muffuletta and the Original French Market Restaurant on Decatur has some killer crawfish and fried alligator tail. If you make it uptown, hit Upperline. The food there was amazing.

The best music can be found on Frenchmen St. Get there by walking down Decatur with the water to your right. Do not walk there from Bourbon St as you have to pass through some really nasty neighborhoods that way. And visit Pepper Palace on Decatur if you're a fan of hot sauce. Have fun!
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Go to Acme Oyster house and try to sit at the bar. Bring some cash. The Beignets at Cafe du Monde are okay, the cafe au lait is good. Bring your walking shoes and have fun.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    and remember to not walk into the alley ways. not even if you smell cigar smoke. it can be quite dangerous.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    james40:
    Go to Acme Oyster house and try to sit at the bar. Bring some cash. The Beignets at Cafe du Monde are okay, the cafe au lait is good. Bring your walking shoes and have fun.
    yes. ask if Pam is in. one of the nicest people i have ever met.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Thanks for the suggestions, gents.....

Last night I hit Bourbon St.....went to Acme for some oysters and then just bar hopped down Bourbon. Today I plan on hitting some of the cigar shops mentioned. I'll let you know how it goes.