Home General Discussion

Davidoff pipe tobacco

xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
So I'm getting back into pipes, and wondering if anyone's had the Davidoff pipe tobacco? Any recommendations?

Comments

• J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    Royalty is a good one to try if you are into straight English style tobacco and not the aromatic blends. It is a little on the mild to med. side but a good flavor overall. The others I have tried are not really that recommendable in my opinion. There reputation as a cigar maker does not come across in their pipe tobacco.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    I'm still learning pipe smoking, but I've heard great things about Davidoff Royalty, Flake Medallion, Red Mixture, and Green Mixture.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    On the topic, how do you smoke a medallion? I've never seen one before, just loose filler
    J.S.:
    Royalty is a good one to try if you are into straight English style tobacco and not the aromatic blends. It is a little on the mild to med. side but a good flavor overall. The others I have tried are not really that recommendable in my opinion. There reputation as a cigar maker does not come across in their pipe tobacco.
    Damn, well, I ordered Davidoff Limited Reserve Sweet Mixture No. 3, whatever that is so we'll see, along with a Peterson with a churchwarden stem; if Ccom could get their stock back in order, I'd like to get some of my standby, Captain Black
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    xmacro:
    On the topic, how do you smoke a medallion? I've never seen one before, just loose filler
    The medallion is basically a spun coin. You can either rub it out and pack as you normally would, or simply fold and stuff being careful not to pack too tightly. I prefer to smoke a tobacco the way it is presented, I think you get a better measure of the intended flavor...so I prefer to fold and stuff the coins, as I do with flake tobaccos.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    xmacro:
    So I'm getting back into pipes, and wondering if anyone's had the Davidoff pipe tobacco? Any recommendations?

Also, Ccom - fix your links to the tobacco pipes; some of the links don't lead anywhere or show no pics or ordering info like the Peterson pipes - I can't look at them, much less order
    Wow. This is weird. I've gotten back into pipes this past week myself. Sean at C.com was super helpful. Give him a call.
    KCW:
    xmacro:

Also, Ccom - fix your links to the tobacco pipes; some of the links don't lead anywhere or show no pics or ordering info like the Peterson pipes - I can't look at them, much less order
    Wow. This is weird. I've gotten back into pipes this past week myself. Sean at C.com was super helpful. Give him a call.
    Dunno if it was my computer or someone fixed something, but the links are working fine for me again too
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    xmacro:
    J.S.:

Damn, well, I ordered Davidoff Limited Reserve Sweet Mixture No. 3, whatever that is so we'll see, along with a Peterson with a churchwarden stem; if Ccom could get their stock back in order, I'd like to get some of my standby, Captain Black

I have not tried the Limited Reserve Mix. So I don't know. I really have not found an appreciation for the aromatic blends yet so someone else may have a better handle on how it stacks up. I do like Captain Black but it smokes a little wet for me.