Home General Discussion

Pm

Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
Is there a way to send out a mass pm????

Comments

• 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Not really, the network approach is closest.... message a few borthers and have them message a few, then they message a few etc etc. Wish they could do a large scale group message
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    if your goal is to bomb the living *** out out of another brother may i suggest the following:
    start a thread where you say you wanna bomb a brother (not sayin what one of course) and ask for everyone to participate. should the person you want to bomb respond, have a secondary target that you can give to your real mark. two bombs one stone.
    kuzi16:
    if your goal is to bomb the living *** out out of another brother may i suggest the following:
    start a thread where you say you wanna bomb a brother (not sayin what one of course) and ask for everyone to participate. should the person you want to bomb respond, have a secondary target that you can give to your real mark. two bombs one stone.
    Great idea and nice class Matt, thanks for helping out Brian... he's a great brother ;)
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Medic45:
    This forum program is really light on a lot of things. Not sure why they use it and have the html active instead of BBC. All of this should be configurable in the forum program.

The forum program I use for my site has BBC and html active and the number of PM recipients can be set to a specific number. Mine is set for 5 at a time, to prevent spam problems. And it even has a provision for trader ratings and comments.

This forum program is a bit antiquated.

Don't get me wrong, I love this forum and actually spend more time here, than my own website. LOL!
    But if configured right, this forum program could be far more than it is.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    0patience:
    Medic45:
    This forum program is really light on a lot of things. Not sure why they use it and have the html active instead of BBC. All of this should be configurable in the forum program.

The forum program I use for my site has BBC and html active and the number of PM recipients can be set to a specific number. Mine is set for 5 at a time, to prevent spam problems. And it even has a provision for trader ratings and comments.

Don't get me wrong, I love this forum and actually spend more time here, than my own website. LOL!
    Just having an inbox notification would greatly improve it. But I still love this place.
    marineatbn03:
    0patience:
    Medic45:

Just having an inbox notification would greatly improve it. But I still love this place.
    +1, but honestly I spend more hours logged in here than anywhere on the net I've ever spent period. Lvoe this place and have no "real" complaints. The programming and some small features would be great to have improved, but it'll still never take away from the great place and second home this is.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Medic45:
    Unfortunately, even if you try to do it by hand by say, copying and pasting, it will kick them back as duplicate PMs. But you can copy and paste and a body with a header with the recipient's name or something.
    90+ Irishman:
    marineatbn03:
    0patience:
    Medic45:

+1, but honestly I spend more hours logged in here than anywhere on the net I've ever spent period. Lvoe this place and have no "real" complaints. The programming and some small features would be great to have improved, but it'll still never take away from the great place and second home this is.
    No question about it. This place is great.
    But, it wouldn't be hard for this program to be configured properly to have the added features. I've spent the last 10 years dealing with various forum programs and it wouldn't take much. The forum on my website is extremely configurable and was very little money. There are a ton of programs that can do all of the features and are not that expensive.

This one seems to be from a layerbulletin program, but with no modules.
    I have no real complaints about this forum, I just know that it can be improved and how to do it. ; )
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    one of the big reasons why cigar.com is hesitant to change the forums is because changing the forums would be a big change on how the actual site interacts with the forum. this is a much more difficult task than updating "a forum"
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Every once in awhile I'd wish they added this and that to the forum. I think the way it is now helps keep some of the bad actors out of the way. We rarely get hit with spam or scammers. Kinda like that about this place.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Direwolf:
    Every once in awhile I'd wish they added this and that to the forum. I think the way it is now helps keep some of the bad actors out of the way. We rarely get hit with spam or scammers. Kinda like that about this place.
    +++++++1 to that!
    kuzi16:
    one of the big reasons why cigar.com is hesitant to change the forums is because changing the forums would be a big change on how the actual site interacts with the forum. this is a much more difficult task than updating "a forum"
    Not really. The forum is a separate program. The upper part of the forum with the links to the main site is a header that is entered into the forum program. Same with the footer. So any changes to the forum program wouldn't affect the main site at all. It still interacts the same as always with the main site.
    If you mean changing the entire program, then as long as the forum directory is the same, it wouldn't make any difference. Especially since the header is the only thing that would need to be changed.