Home General Discussion

Kuzipaluza '09 ...this time it means something.

2»

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    no... thats some random google pic.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Fourtotheflush:
    Corn Hole - Got it, much more sense. Played it many times, but call it bean bag toss. Anyway - are you in that pic?
    Kuzi is the one in the background showing his family members on how the veins in a cigar leaf are truly important by drawing a diagram and how the flavor profile can change dramatically by having a chalkboard full of math to show the wrapper to filler ratio... see him?
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    So what is Ccom contributing?
    we have not hammered out any details yet so i dont want to post what has and has not been discussed.
    That came off sounding like a mooch, I was actually curious if they were going to send a representative. Of course if he showed up with a box of stogies for everyone that'd be cool too.
    i didnt think you sounded like a mooch.

and yes it would be cool if a cigar.com representative could show up.
    You gotta find a Hilton/Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites nearby I know the wife will only let me go if I use my Hilton points.
    Bath Hollow Park

1104 W Bath Rd
    Cuyahoga Falls, OH 4422

there is the addy. im not sure off the top of my head where a hotel is.
    There's a Hampton Inn on Lakepoint in Stow, OH. Is that any good?
    that place is less than 5 minutes from my house. its a good area. but being that it is so close to my house, i have never stayed there. i will make it a point to head out there soon and find out if i can set up for group rates if there is enough interest.
    Sweet. They are advertising it at $75 a night so thats already really cheap.
    with 10 rooms taken up in a group rate we can probably knock a few bucks off of that.
    ok...

i got a bit of bad news today.

one of our major corporate sponsors decided that they didnt want to be a part of this anymore.

most of our money for the event is gone and there is no point of making this a charity event if there is no money to donate after all is said and done. I personally plan on donating to Over the Rhine Community housing on my own and would gladly help you make a donation if you are still interested, but it seems that this is now just a sit down event. I just dont have the time and energy to find all new sponsors on such short notice.

thanks to those who helped out with this. Thank you, Alex for offering your help. maybe we can work something next year.

as for Kuzipaluza '09 ....
    it may be in my back yard. it may be at a local B&M. but one thing is for sure... now its free. i still encourage you all to come and enjoy a smoke. if enough of you show interest i can still set a group rate at a hotel.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Sorry that happened Kuzi ...seemed like a good cause ...I wish Ohio were a little closer ...
    it is what it is. ill work on 2010 as a charity event. but now i know more and can do a better job of securing sponsors. when you fail, you learn. i learned alot. but all is not lost.

kuzipaluza '09 is still on... just a classic herf. a few guys sittin around smokin a cigar.
    Damn kuz, sorry to hear that.