Home General Discussion

Does your lighter from cigarfest work?

Beavr81Beavr81 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 21
Hey all once again I want to say how great cigarfest was especially for being my first time there... I also had a great time chatting with everyone and really enjoyed meeting you all. But now the really big question... The triple flame lighter that we got in our stuff for wearing our shirts, the Black Ops one. i have tried a couple different things now and cannot get it to light. So I was wondering if this was just my luck or if anyone else was having trouble with there's? Or is there a special trick someone might have learned? Let me know all....

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    It could be any number of things. Did it ever work? Does it spark if so it may be clogged or have too much propellant in it. Use a good fluid and try rapidly pushing the can up and down on the nozzle of the lighter. If that doesn't work you may have impurities or too much propellant in your lighter. These are the usual culprits for lighters not working.There's a couple of good videos on YouTube on this subject.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    I am not familiar with this lighter, but I have played around with my torch enough and was having problems with it until I did made some adjustments.

first, of course, is the fuel tank full??
    If so, it could have debri around the jet. Sometimes a blast of air will clear it.

In my case, and if yours has an adjustable valve to control how much butane flows out, you may have to remove the adjustment wheel, and turn the actual fuel valve to allow a more "open" set position. My xikar was set so that even though the adjustment wheel was set to Max +, it was only about 40% open. Thus, itbwould seem to be empty and notbwork, even if the tank was mostly full. The wheel has stops in it so that it can only move a certain range. So removing the wheel and turning up the fuel valve might help, if possible on your lighter.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    So far mine works fine but my friends was busted right out of the bag. The lever broke and stayed open releasing all the butane. The next morning we stop by the super store and they replaced no questions asked so I'm sure if you contact them they will replace. I like mine it works great but it does not look very durable.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Turn the flame adjustment thing on the bottom to the left. I couldn't get mine to work until I turned it to the left, releasing more butane. It should work fine then.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I've used mine flawlessly. I expected it to be a total POS as I haven't heard great things about the black ops accessories but I've liked it so far. It's a perfect abuse and not worry about it kind of lighter lol
  • Beavr81Beavr81 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 21
    AH HA!! ok so I failed the 10% rule..... but on the plus now I got it working so thanks for the different pointers guys...
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    I haven't filled up that one yet, but I've been using the same model from a March Madness deal I've gotten and it works almost flawlessly. I've only noticed I need to turn up the gas slightly every couple of times I use it.
  • JonnysmokesJonnysmokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 48
    I have had no issues as of yet but only used it a handful of times.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    I got a black ops triple flame lighter last fall, and it never has worked right.