Home General Discussion

1st attempt at a Cigar Clock

Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
Since I was recently gifted with a few boxes by CvilleE, and apparently the conversation arouse about making the GOF box a clock I figured I'd give it a try! Hmm major lesson learned but I'm still happy with it!!! Lol Tape is a very BAD thing!!!!!!!! At least now I know and my next will be better!
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Medic45:
    Since I was recently gifted with a few boxes by CvilleE, and apparently the conversation arouse about making the GOF box a clock I figured I'd give it a try! Hmm major lesson learned but I'm still happy with it!!! Lol Tape is a very BAD thing!!!!!!!! At least now I know and my next will be better!
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Very sweet brother! How much is a clock kit?
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    5.99 at hobby lobby and u get 6 hangers for 1.99 don't forget to go online and print off the 50% off coupon before you go lol
  • cmartincmartin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 130
    That's pretty bad ass bro.
    Medic45:
    5.99 at hobby lobby and u get 6 hangers for 1.99 don't forget to go online and print off the 50% off coupon before you go lol
    Very nice, I may look in to doing that for the basement when I finish it out.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Medic45:
    My wife gong in a Hobby Lobby is like me going in a walk in Humidor. She's there for hours.
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    Very kool man, it looks great...!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    It's still pretty sharp brother. I'm guessing the tape is what took off some of the lettering. But I had to look close to see it.
    Rhamlin:
    It's still pretty sharp brother. I'm guessing the tape is what took off some of the lettering. But I had to look close to see it.
    +1 but Im sure you could take care of that with some gold touch up paint...dude, that is still badass!
  • GreenMachineGreenMachine Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    Tat is really cool!!!!! You could probably make a good profit on those.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Nice art work Brian
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    Nice, ive been wanting to put one together but have yet to come accross the right box, its been bugging me to the point that i made a reccord clock with a 1959good copy of the soundtrack for Victory at Sea that i got for a buck. I just find them very very cool!
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    mmccartneydc:
    Rhamlin:
    +1 but Im sure you could take care of that with some gold touch up paint...dude, that is still badass!
    I was thinking you could go in the other way...Sort of like stressing furniture. Take a little more off the edges with an eraser or something where the tape was to soften it and a little in a few other places. Give it sort of a worn antiquey look. IDK, I'm not an artist so don't listen to me.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    Roberto99:
    mmccartneydc:
    Rhamlin:
    I was thinking you could go in the other way...Sort of like stressing furniture. Take a little more off the edges with an eraser or something where the tape was to soften it and a little in a few other places. Give it sort of a worn antiquey look. IDK, I'm not an artist so don't listen to me.
    I like that idea (of course i have no say so in the decision making process and i like odd things....)
    Guys everything you all have said means a lot to me!! I was almost ashamed to post it but I am really digging the not so perfect look, I may try to age it a little more lol. And I am gonna have to check on a tat box! I have a 5V gold brick the Sqweekz sent me when I first started to forums and I am imagining that would look kick AZzzzz but gotta ponder on a kink or 2 that I feel comming on with it!! Lol
    I am really impressed with your artistic skill. I wish I had your skill. They are awesome!!!
    Medic45:
    Guys everything you all have said means a lot to me!! I was almost ashamed to post it but I am really digging the not so perfect look, I may try to age it a little more lol. And I am gonna have to check on a tat box! I have a 5V gold brick the Sqweekz sent me when I first started to forums and I am imagining that would look kick AZzzzz but gotta ponder on a kink or 2 that I feel comming on with it!! Lol
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Rhamlin:
    Didn't even notice this ^^^ until I read the comment.

That looks awesome dude.....I would never have guessed this was your first attempt at it. Very sweet.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Way to go BRIAN thats fantastic man!
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Looks good,,,Good job
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    I was inspired by the GOF clock..so last night I put alittle something together...3 bucks for the kit..it was 50% off and about 15min of my time and I was able to produce this....

• 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Guys, those are awesome!! Now that is something that would go great in a man cave or bar.
    OMG I GOTTA GET ONE OF THOSE BOXES...LOL THATS NICE BROTHER..
    Thought I would revive this thread, cause I was in the city (kind of sounds like some country bumkin) and there was one of those Michael's Craft stores. Wife wanted to see what it was like, so I found a clock kit for $9.99 and thought it would look cool on one of the boxes I had.

So here is the results. And the damn thing even works!! LOL!

• BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Tony that is very slick!! These would go great in a game room, loung, B & M endless marketing points...
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Nice job Tony. I eventually want to make one for my man cave.
    Beautiful Tony...I really wish I had your skills. Man, you make beautiful things.
    0patience:
    Thought I would revive this thread, cause I was in the city (kind of sounds like some country bumkin) and there was one of those Michael's Craft stores. Wife wanted to see what it was like, so I found a clock kit for $9.99 and thought it would look cool on one of the boxes I had.

So here is the results. And the damn thing even works!! LOL!

Thanks guys!
    I was surprised at how easy it went together.
    I think they will make great clocks for offices, man caves and stuff like that and the possibilities are endless.
    You can fit them to most boxes and I've even found some clock sets that chime.
    I'm definitely gonna check into that. LOL!

The bad thing is, I just bought some pearl essence paint powder for my harley tanks and I thought seriously about putting a coat of clear coat with blue pearl in it on the cigar box. LOL!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    It looks good!! The used look is nice!! But if your anal about it next time use painters tape it won't take off the finish
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    thanx! (sarcasm) now i gotta look for some cigars that come in a kick ass box! very cool guys!
  • NectarCigarNectarCigar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 171
    Very nice!! I thought it was supposed to look like that anyway, looks great the way it is!!