Home Non Cigar Related

I'm hurting, guys......

Comments

• LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    My condolences brother. He gave you much to be proud of.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Brother I can't put into words how I feel for you and your family. I barely made it through the post without crying. Know that I'll be praying for you guys. Tell them thanks on behalf of a grateful nation for their son's sacrifice....
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,290
    ENFIDL:
    Brother I can't put into words how I feel for you and your family. I barely made it through the post without crying. Know that I'll be praying for you guys. Tell them thanks on behalf of a grateful nation for their son's sacrifice....
    exactly what i was feeling and about to say
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    bigfnsteve:
    ENFIDL:
    +1
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    beatnic:
    bigfnsteve:
    ENFIDL:
    +1
    +2 -- thanks Enfidel for putting into words what I couldn't but am feeling exactly.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    If I could say the words that would ease your pain and sorrow I would say them.. I can only imagine what you and his family are feeling. I am truly sorry for your loss. I believe in God and in an afterlife so may Gods promise in Rev 21:4 provide some solace.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    I am very sorry to hear about your loss Marty.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Sorry to hear of our loss of an American hero. Where is his month long media coverage? How many people know his name? How many people will remember him? The media still talks about that crack whore Whitney Huston. Most people in this country have their priorities messed up. Let's all keep his family in our thoughts and prayers and let people know we lost another hero.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Truly sorry to hear this, I know you're hurting deeply. And yes, guys, we'll all hear about "J-Lo's dress slit", and "Lindsay's bad hair day..." until we're so numb from the stupidity that we forget (they hope) about our friends and family dying in the vain attempt to police the worlds backwaters.

The mission we were there for is long since accomplished. Support our troops, bring them home!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Sorry to hear it, he's a true American hero though..
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Sorry for your loss, sir. God bless.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    Very sorry to hear of your loss.
  • gripnripgripnrip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Sorry for your loss. He made the ulitmate sacrifice for us-thank you is not enough. A true hero.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    I am sorry brother for your loss, God bless you and your family. God bless your nephew for his sacrifice to keep our freedom, he is a hero.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    sorry about your loss.
    wish for better times.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    So terrible to hear this. Definitely in our thoughts and prayers!
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    Saying a prayer now Marty. So sorry for you and yours....hang in there.

• boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    So sorry for your loss Marty.

Thoughts and prayers to you, you family, for Chase, and his Friends. The pain will ease, brother, but you'll probably never stop missing him. Often times its the shorter lives that have the biggest impact on those they touched. This sounds like it was the case for your nephew, he sounds like a really special guy. Really sorry to hear this.

Cry your eyes out for as long as you need to Marty and then try to start shifting your focus to the good stories. The ones that inspire you or make you laugh.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    boydmcgowan:

Thoughts and prayers to you, you family, for Chase, and his Friends. The pain will ease, brother, but you'll probably never stop missing him. Often times its the shorter lives that have the biggest impact on those they touched. This sounds like it was the case for your nephew, he sounds like a really special guy. Really sorry to hear this.

Cry your eyes out for as long as you need to Marty and then try to start shifting your focus to the good stories. The ones that inspire you or make you laugh.
    I gotta email you back. Sorry for the delay brother
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    ENFIDL:
    boydmcgowan:

I gotta email you back. Sorry for the delay brother
    no worries E, no need to rush, brother.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    A virtual 'group-hug' to all of the brothers and sisters and my sincere thanks to all for the gracious words, condolences, and encouragement. I know that time will make this easier to deal with on a daily basis, but patience is hard to come by at the moment.

I don't know the best words to use to describe the love and the feeling of family that seems to abound on these boards, but please know that all of you are special and I'm proud and happy to be a part of that family. Thank you, each and every one of you, for this outpouring of support.
  • Fritz the CatFritz the Cat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 27
    Prayers sent....really sorry for everyone in your family
  • jailhousejailhouse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 137
    sorry for your loss brother
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    Marty, You should know that today while scoping the local paper I saw a picture of your nephew as he arrived home and a caption of his name. It was in the Day in Pictures section and he was #1. You should be proud of his service and dedication to his country.
    Bombay:
    Marty, You should know that today while scoping the local paper I saw a picture of your nephew as he arrived home and a caption of his name. It was in the Day in Pictures section and he was #1. You should be proud of his service and dedication to his country.

Thanks for this, Bombay. Which paper are you looking at?

We're all extremely proud of this young man. His recruiter was so impressed with him that he took leave and drove from Colorado so he could be here to honor Chase. I'll do a follow-up post shortly as the funeral is scheduled for tomorrow and I'm waiting for it all to be over with before I post links so as not to have multiple posts.
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    Sorry for your loss. They are true heroes. I have my first son on the way and one thing I will teach him is this.

Our service men and woman are true heroes. They go out to scary places to do bad thing to bad people so we can be safe in a free land. They give their lives to make ours better. Our armed forces are what make and keep our country a great, safe place. It is my opinion that HEROES don't hit home runs. They carry big guns. We should thank our service men and woman any and every time we are given a chance.

With that said.... Thank you. Thank you for you service to your country. Thank you for keeping us safe.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    Marty I don't know if you know this but Chase was on the Fox 40 news last night.

Thanks, Mike. I was aware of KCRA news and the SacBee but not Fox 40. Thanks for the heads-up.
  • sidelinersideliner Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4
    FYI...Chase was also honored on ABC This Week w/George Stephanopoulos last Sunday morning...
    The funeral is over. The family is trying to get back to their daily lives. It was an impressive service with full military honors. I've included links to some of the better YouTube videos in case you're interested. There were hundreds of airmen along the road inside Beale AFB saluting as we went by and thousands of civilians along the route through Marysville and Yuba City to the funeral home.

Chase was awarded the Bronze Star and the Purple Heart, among others.

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

RIP, Chase.....