Home General Discussion

Whtas the best curveball cigar?

GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
I'm having some guys over this weekend for a party and wanted to showcase some complex cigars that have extreme flavor profile changes through the length of the stick. Can you guys suggest some of the most extreme flavor changing cigars you have tried?

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    RP sungrown, MF, reconquista, ruination all come to mind...edit for elencos too
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    catfishbluezz:
    +1 on the elencos
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    cant vouch for the RP i got grass out of it...
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    catfishbluezz:
    +1 on the elencos
    +2 on the Elencos! I would have to agree with all of the above (except the RP - haven't had it) and also add any Anejo. I decided last night while smoking a RP Decade 10th that I would happy never smoking another RP. Not a terrible cigar, just not my cup of tea. The only one I've liked enough to smoke more than one of was the Vintage 92. Sorry to steal the post for a sec. I'm done.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    OchoZacho:
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    catfishbluezz:
    +1 on the elencos
    +2 on the Elencos! I would have to agree with all of the above (except the RP - haven't had it) and also add any Anejo. I decided last night while smoking a RP Decade 10th that I would happy never smoking another RP. Not a terrible cigar, just not my cup of tea. The only one I've liked enough to smoke more than one of was the Vintage 92. Sorry to steal the post for a sec. I'm done.
    The Decade is the only RP cigar I enjoy. The others just really dont do anything for me. If you have extra decades I'm be more than happy to trade ya for them.
    It never ceaces to amaze me how you can be into cigars for this long and still have sticks recommended that you have never heard of. I'm going to need to get some of these elencos.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    Definitely the Elencos. I'm still amazed at how much the first 2 inches reminds me of an Opus.
    You can also add the Diesel Crucible. Starts off peppery and turns into a chocolate bomb.
    also if you do favor RP, the thunder by nimish had a complexity i enjoyed though it had that Rocky air about it that put me off. Coming from someone who cant stand RP i guess this is a compliment lol
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    also if you do favor RP, the thunder by nimish had a complexity i enjoyed though it had that Rocky air about it that put me off. Coming from someone who cant stand RP i guess this is a compliment lol
    Funny...I thought it blew lol! I like the 90, sun grown and decade but otherwise will not buy RP cigars. There is a small batch Maduro or costa rica that is awesome too
    like i said i hate RP and didnt say i thoroughly enjoyed it i was still put off by the taste of RP tobacco in it lol. found it more up my aisle than the rest of their stuff
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Im probably going to get totally fragged for this, but for me its the Sol Cubano Artisan. They've got a horrible reputation (based mainly on their RIDICULOUS MSRP on their release), but the three Ive smoked had a flavor profile that was constantly changing literally from puff to puff. Ive never had another cigar that changed so rapidly for the entire duration of the cigar.

The good news is 1) if you do a little shopping around, you can really find these on the cheap nowadays, and 2) if you go this route and you dont go thru all of them during your party, these get much better with age. A Sol Cubano Artisan with a year plus on it is an amazing experience.

Interesting reply sniper. Now I am really kicking myself for recently giving away my last Sol that had 1-2 years on it.
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    The 1844 No.50 (not the 6x50 xtra) is quite a flavor shifter for how small it is.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    My Father 2010LE...nothing I have smoked yet transforms like that does around the 1-1.5" mark and then again later...pure bliss
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    My Father 2010LE...nothing I have smoked yet transforms like that does around the 1-1.5" mark and then again later...pure bliss
    Found a B&M selling these for $26 each. May have to pick one up just for the sake of it.