Home General Discussion

Trying to spend my budget.

0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
So my wife gives me $200 to spend on cigars. It's been quite some time since I was able to make any kind of decent purchase. So all week, I have sat trying to decide what to buy. Watching the sprint sales and getting some brands I know I like and hitting some sales.

This was supposed to be an easy deal. Find them, buy them and wait for them to show up. But it's amazing at how difficult it has been to spend the $200 on what I wanted. The amount of different good cigars out there now can be a bit overwhelming.

So far, I have spent $160 on 70 cigars that I would consider good cigars. A lot of Toranos, some Cameroons of various brands, a 10 pack of morrow castle and a few I haven't tried. Mostly on the sprint sales, which is helping my budget hugely.

Trying to be economical and get what I want is proving more difficult than I thought it would be. The task, spend $200 on cigars sounds easy enough. LOL!

Comments

• ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    Call and get a fiver of the ramon buseo every one is talking about!!!
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Well, I expected more from a guy with zero patience. Just kidding. That's a nice "predicament" to be in. Hope the rest of the shopping goes well. Then it's on to smoking them.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    james40:
    Well, I expected more from a guy with zero patience. Just kidding. That's a nice "predicament" to be in. Hope the rest of the shopping goes well. Then it's on to smoking them.
    I get in that mode where I go, "Yeah, I want those. No wait. I want those. Oh, they're gone." Then it is back to the same thing all over again. LOL!
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    I spent $200 on cigars last week with a single purchase... that took me about 2 seconds to bite on. Once you've been in it a while, it gets easier and easier to spend that money. I plan ahead several purchases, and then save the money, so when I reach my target, I don't hesitate to buy what I want.
    BigT06:
    I spent $200 on cigars last week with a single purchase... that took me about 2 seconds to bite on. Once you've been in it a while, it gets easier and easier to spend that money. I plan ahead several purchases, and then save the money, so when I reach my target, I don't hesitate to buy what I want.
    Generally, my purchases before were a box or two of Torano 1916s and a few other 5 packs of various cigars I wanted to try or knew I liked. Then things kind of went to hell and the last year my purchases have been a few cigars every other week at the B&M. So there are tons of new things out over the past year and I'm trying to play catch up on a budget. LOL!

The nice thing is, what I am buying now will last me quite some time and I can work on getting some other things bought. And I'm pretty happy with what I've come up with so far.
    0patience:
    BigT06:
    Generally, my purchases before were a box or two of Torano 1916s and a few other 5 packs of various cigars I wanted to try or knew I liked. Then things kind of went to hell and the last year my purchases have been a few cigars every other week at the B&M. So there are tons of new things out over the past year and I'm trying to play catch up on a budget. LOL!

The nice thing is, what I am buying now will last me quite some time and I can work on getting some other things bought. And I'm pretty happy with what I've come up with so far.
    I love that feeling knowing that a new purchase will hold me over for a while... I just wish it lasted. lol
    BigT06:
    man, sounds like my priorities are messed up.
    james40:
    BigT06:
    nah... my only point was that I no longer buy "good deals" or samplers any more (unless it's a sampler of something I really wanna try). I simply decide what I want, save the money, and pull the trigger. Once you realize you have enough cigars to smoke for a few years, waiting a few weeks or even months to save for something you really want isn't as hard to do. lmao
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    BigT06:
    james40:
    BigT06:
    nah... my only point was that I no longer buy "good deals" or samplers any more (unless it's a sampler of something I really wanna try). I simply decide what I want, save the money, and pull the trigger. Once you realize you have enough cigars to smoke for a few years, waiting a few weeks or even months to save for something you really want isn't as hard to do. lmao
    thats pretty much where i am. i only buy what i know i like.
    as far as your last $40...
    just watch the sprint sale. itll go quickly then.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    kuzi16:
    ^^ +1 - that's a real easy way to spend $40 while getting a good deal
    jgibv:
    kuzi16:
    ^^ +1 - that's a real easy way to spend $40 while getting a good deal
    I'm starting to get there mainly due to the post about aging cigars. I learned some good stuff there so I'm starting to really study the taste/smell chart from kuzi and dial in my palate. Then go from there and get what I really like.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    So what'd you end up with?
    Ok, got my last $40 spent on a 10 pack of Tat Nobles for $34.
    All in all, I'm pretty happy with my purchases.

And if I find another killer deal, I'm gonna push my luck and buy it. I'll deal with the consequences from Momma later. She can't say much though, she just spent $800 on the oldest boy's truck, so she knows I'm not happy with it right now. LOL!