Home General Discussion

Moving

stephenakirkstephenakirk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
Hey guys, Im going to be moving from Eastern Washington to Western Washington next week and although I have moved before I have never had a humidor full of smokes to move. I have about 120 or so and about half are still in the cellophane. Should I put something in the humidor to keep them from moving too much or should they be ok? Also the western part of the state is much more humid than the eastern side, should I anticipate a huge jump in the humidity in my humi?

Comments

• ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    I think you should be ok, you might notice a bit of a RH increase, but not much. I would just the humi on the back floor of the vehicle when you drive here. Don't put anything in the humidor to stabilize, I think it may cause more problems.
    Welcome to the westside of the state.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    drive carefully.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    stephenakirk:
    Hey guys, Im going to be moving from Eastern Washington to Western Washington next week ....

Lucky Devil!! You're moving to God's country. IMO, the western part of the state is far more beautiful and, to me, much preferred. I've lived in Washington three different times and wish I was still there. Alas, circumstances prevent it.....
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    stephenakirk:
    Hey guys, Im going to be moving from Eastern Washington to Western Washington next week and although I have moved before I have never had a humidor full of smokes to move. I have about 120 or so and about half are still in the cellophane. Should I put something in the humidor to keep them from moving too much or should they be ok? Also the western part of the state is much more humid than the eastern side, should I anticipate a huge jump in the humidity in my humi?
    North or south? Where abouts are you moving to? What brings you to the west side?
    You are getting close to my area if it is south west washington. And yes, you should anticipate quite a jump in humidity. You will probably find yourself fighting your humi at first, until you get it where you want it. To give you an idea, right now where I am, the humidity outside is 85%. I am at the NW corner of Oregon. Most of the coast of Oregon and Washington see this kind of humidity.

If it were me, I would be sure to let them rest after the move for a few days, before smoking any, especially thin wrapper cigars like cameroons.

Good luck with the move and all.
  • stephenakirkstephenakirk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
    Thanks for the help guys, and im moving north of seattle, i am originally from there, I got a new job and am very excited to move back over. I love it over there and cant wait to get back.