Home General Discussion

K. Hansotia and the Wicked Indie

aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
Love him or hate em I am a huge gurkha fan. always will be i keep 2-3 Titans, Evils, Hyde Parks, Doble Maduro's and Crests aging at all times. I recently tried his new line Wicked Indie in the toro size and I gotta say I was thrilled Light to nub with it. I of course picked up the Toro size those being my favorite. Was curious if anyone else had tried these. if not Get em! Especially if you like Nicaraguan puros. Delicious. DELICIOUS :)

Comments

• scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    Haven't tried it nor do I keep up with Gurkha because there are soooo many batches. I like my ol' reliables sticks rather than frequent batches that are hit or miss with me. Not to hate tho!
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    scarlin:
    Haven't tried it nor do I keep up with Gurkha because there are soooo many batches. I like my ol' reliables sticks rather than frequent batches that are hit or miss with me. Not to hate tho!
    I hear ya he is the king of the small batch release. my best advice is to go through gurkha reviews and ask someone who smokes gurkha which 1-3 are worth trying as not all are. These wicked indies are great though if you ever see one at ur B&M grab one. they dont require any aging ive found and for around 5-7 a Nicaraguan puro of this caliber is a steal. But in respect i agree with the being turned off by the new batch every 4 months ive just spent the time siting through all the bombs he has to find those absolute gems i couldnt do without
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    Love him or hate em I am a huge gurkha fan. always will be i keep 2-3 Titans, Evils, Hyde Parks, Doble Maduro's and Crests aging at all times. I recently tried his new line Wicked Indie in the toro size and I gotta say I was thrilled Light to nub with it. I of course picked up the Toro size those being my favorite. Was curious if anyone else had tried these. if not Get em! Especially if you like Nicaraguan puros. Delicious. DELICIOUS :)
    i had similar thoughts about Gurkha 4 years ago.

now i almost never smoke gurkhas. im not mad at them, but they never see, to "wow" me anymore.
    your palate may change. dont assume it wont.
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    i havent bought any in about 5 months because they just take so long to age. but what ive had and stuck too have never treated me wrong. like i said i burnt through bunches of em before i settled on the 4 or so blends that i keep as staple. and i know about the palate 2 years ago it was full bodied powerhouse 24/7 now im maxed in the medium range and smoke alot of connies. good advice though
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    +1 with Kuzi's comment
    kuzi16:
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    i had similar thoughts about Gurkha 4 years ago.

now i almost never smoke gurkhas. im not mad at them, but they never see, to "wow" me anymore.
    your palate may change. dont assume it wont.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Not a fan... But the cellar reserve is excellent
    catfishbluezz:
    Been dying to try 1 no b&m in 40 miles has them. And don't see them ever at ccom
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    catfishbluezz:
    Been dying to try 1 no b&m in 40 miles has them. And don't see them ever at ccom
    I've gotta drive a bit to get them, they are typically $15-$18 and are not normally in stock. Only seen them here once, but I'd imagine if you email the guys they might be able to help.
    catfishbluezz:
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    catfishbluezz:
    I've gotta drive a bit to get them, they are typically $15-$18 and are not normally in stock. Only seen them here once, but I'd imagine if you email the guys they might be able to help.
    Same price range as the e.p. carillo edicion limitada dark rituals. Was wondering how they stack up? Cuz if I could afford it id buy every dark ritual that was ever made. Sadly I cannot find any and I dunno anyone with any on hand
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    catfishbluezz:
    One of the reasons I've lost any enthusiasm over Gurkha was due to this cigar.. It was poorly constructed and tasted so bad I couldnt even finish it.. Their consistency in their blends is subpar,, I still have half a humi with nothin but Gurkha's but wont be buying any more anytime soon.
    The Kid:
    catfishbluezz:
    One of the reasons I've lost any enthusiasm over Gurkha was due to this cigar.. It was poorly constructed and tasted so bad I couldnt even finish it.. Their consistency in their blends is subpar,, I still have half a humi with nothin but Gurkha's but wont be buying any more anytime soon.
    Ill take that half a humi from ya ;) personally I enjoy gurkhas. Though I know they have really alienated a lot of consumers in the last decade. Tomato tomoto brothers
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    The Kid:
    catfishbluezz:
    Ill take that half a humi from ya ;) personally I enjoy gurkhas. Though I know they have really alienated a lot of consumers in the last decade. Tomato tomoto brothers
    http://www.foulmouthshirts.com/New-shirts2/You-Say-Tomato-I-Say-***-You-T-shirt.htm

lol, just kidding brother
    The Kid:
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    The Kid:
    catfishbluezz:
    http://www.foulmouthshirts.com/New-shirts2/You-Say-Tomato-I-Say-***-You-T-shirt.htm
    lol, just kidding brother
    Lol nice
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    The Kid:
    catfishbluezz:
    feel free to send all the blue steels you have to me,lmao
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    catfishbluezz:
    feel free to send all the blue steels you have to me,lmao
    Ditto
  • StreaterStreater Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 293
    I love the Wicked Indie. This is one of my favorite sticks. Only one of the B&M shops I go to sells them, and they sell out quickly. I should probably order a box or two.
    Streater:
    I love the Wicked Indie. This is one of my favorite sticks. Only one of the B&M shops I go to sells them, and they sell out quickly. I should probably order a box or two.
    glad to hear someone else enjoyed it as much as me it was a bday gift from my fiance i was impressed. She said "I knew i saw the name Hansoda or something foreign on one of your cigars so i hope you like it." lol made my day. plus the cigar was good to boot so hey its a 2for