Home General Discussion

so random thought

aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
My son is due june 29th. This being my last of three children and my only son I'm thinking of taking my opus x fuente fuente out the day he's born and light it up as my celebration gar. Its got 1 year 5 months of aging. Seems appropriate. But was also thinking I get married this fall and the only other gar I have close to that calibur is my gurkha titan with 7 months of age currently. Any suggestions on which I should use when? These are going to be my last 2 big moments till the kids graduate etc 15-18 years down the road. Any advice or suggestions are much appreciated

Comments

• 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Personally, a My Father would seem more appropriate for the birth and save the Opus for the wedding.
    JMHO
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    Does seem very fitting but neither of my b&m's here carry my fathers so id have to wait awhile till my next online order and give it a chance to rest being so close and how he's already given us a couple of scares. Id hate to be waiting around for it then plop out he comes. I mean I know in a pinch any cigar is going to make the occasion memorable just want it to be like... the icing on the cake. Traditions are very strong in my family and more than likely me my grandfather my best man and 1 other guy will be celebrating. So imo its gotta be big ya know. But speaking of my fathers I've been dying to try one
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    I had one gifted to me (Thank you Roberto) and I really liked it. I'm trying to grab some on the sprint sale, but someone keeps sniping them from me. LOL!
    Like you, they aren't available in my area.

If I come up with some, I'll let you know. I can't make any promises, because we all know how the sprint sales go. LOL! Someone else may have better ideas though. ; )
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,107
    The Opus X sounds perfect for the day your son is born. For your wedding day I would recommend a Padron Family Reserve #45 Maduro. A buddy of mine has two Padron Millenium's he had been saving for his wedding day.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    I will always recommend smoking the best stick you have for such a special occasion. When the wedding comes along, I would then smoke whatever is the best stick available at that time. The fall is a long ways away and chances are around here, your humidor will look a lot different months from now.
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Hey buddy I got a my father the other day at the b&m it was the last one in the box in their humi, there smokes are ready to go right then, pm me ur addy and I'll send it out Tuesday to you whn I get home from work! Shouldn't take more than 2 days I get there so u should have plenty of time for it!!!'
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Congrats on having a son. I say have a My Father, and purchase a couple Opus for his eighteenth b-day to enjoy with him.
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    Poker Slob:
    Congrats on having a son. I say have a My Father, and purchase a couple Opus for his eighteenth b-day to enjoy with him.
    Thank you! And that's a great idea may just do that
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    You're gonna be WAYYY more likely to have the time and ability to enjoy a great stick when your son is born, and not necessarily so much on the wedding day. So I'd say if you have the time when he's born, go for it. On your wedding, play it by ear.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    +1
    Smokindaddy:
    The Opus X sounds perfect for the day your son is born. For your wedding day I would recommend a Padron Family Reserve #45 Maduro. A buddy of mine has two Padron Millenium's he had been saving for his wedding day.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    On the birth of my last daughter, I smoked an Opus X. It is my "go to" special occasion cigar
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I can't believe you guys got in time to smoke a cigar on the day your kids were born. I was busy all day and didn't have one spare moment. Good for you whatever you choose.
    well shes being induced per docs orders so its all planned after hes born and the chaos settles down and she goes in room to rest etc. me and my best man for my wedding will be enjoying a cigar afterwards its back to the grind
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    after hes born and the chaos settles down
    This probably will be in a few years. Congrats on the new addition to the family
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Medic45:
    Hey buddy I got a my father the other day at the b&m it was the last one in the box in their humi, there smokes are ready to go right then, pm me ur addy and I'll send it out Tuesday to you whn I get home from work! Shouldn't take more than 2 days I get there so u should have plenty of time for it!!!'
    Class act Brian!!!
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    skweekz:
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    after hes born and the chaos settles down
    This probably will be in a few years. Congrats on the new addition to the family

Yeah the Padron 64 Mad I bought for my son's birth is still sitting in the humi and he's three weeks old now. The problem I've had is the fact that I never know when I will get interrupted and hate to waste a good one.