Home General Discussion

My first humidor

leerescue@yahoo.comleerescue@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
This is my first humidor. Was gave to me by my best frends thanks guy'sPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• leerescue@yahoo.comleerescue@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
    leerescue@yahoo.com:
    This is my first humidor. Was gave to me by my best frends thanks guy'sPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    :)Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Wonder how long it will stay empty......;) I have the same one that should be arriving any day now.
    marineatbn03:
    Wonder how long it will stay empty......;) :) Going to Vegas 18 threw 20th hope to find somthing good to put in it when i get back Toombes gave me some good hint,s of what to pick up while im there. I have the same one that should be arriving any day now.
    Never been to vegas, hoping to get there one day, have fun.
    marineatbn03:
    :) looking forward to going, my first time. My wife has two brothers she has not seen in years.
    leerescue@yahoo.com:
    marineatbn03:
    :) looking forward to going, my first time. My wife has two brothers she has not seen in years.
    :) what is the best way to break this humidor in?
    I am sure others more experienced will chime in, but I normally wipe the entire inside down with a new sponge with distilled water, then re-dampen the sponge and set it on top of a plastic bag inside and close the lid for 24 hours. Use a hygrometer that has been calibrated and check it after the 24 and see where you stand. There is a good video by cigarobsession on youtube that will walk you through all the steps as well.
    marineatbn03:
    I am sure others more experienced will chime in, but I normally wipe the entire inside down with a new sponge with distilled water, then re-dampen the sponge and set it on top of a plastic bag inside and close the lid for 24 hours. Use a hygrometer that has been calibrated and check it after the 24 and see where you stand. There is a good video by cigarobsession on youtube that will walk you through all the steps as well.
    :) I have everything but the Hygrometer next on my list. Thanks sounds good.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    leerescue@yahoo.com:
    marineatbn03:
    PM me your addy. I have a spare hygrometer. I'll be gone until Wednesday and should be able to get it out Weds or Thurs.
    0patience:
    leerescue@yahoo.com:
    marineatbn03:
    PM me your addy. I have a spare hygrometer. I'll be gone until Wednesday and should be able to get it out Weds or Thurs.
    :) Pm fore you thanks.
    PM replied. It'll go out as soon as I'm back. ; )
    0patience:
    PM replied. It'll go out as soon as I'm back. ; )
    :) think like a trade you send me a hygrometer ill send you some sticks?
    No, no, no. Don't do that. Cause even if you send one stick, I come out on top and that wouldn't be right.
    0patience:
    No, no, no. Don't do that. Cause even if you send one stick, I come out on top and that wouldn't be right.
    :) I had a COA america i thought you would like? just thought it would be fair since you were nice and helped me out.
    Well then. I like that cigar, so I'll just sit back and sulk. LOL! You realize that isn't playing fair.
    0patience:
    Well then. I like that cigar, so I'll just sit back and sulk. LOL! You realize that isn't playing fair.
    :) its all good just enjoy!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    If you wipe it down make sure you just lightly dampen it. You don't want to get the wood too wet it can cause warping and cracking. I always just put a shot glass of distillers water in it and just let it set for 3 days to a week. Just leave it closed for at least 3 it go faster if your not opening it all the time checking on it.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Rhamlin:
    If you wipe it down make sure you just lightly dampen it. You don't want to get the wood too wet it can cause warping and cracking. I always just put a shot glass of distillers water in it and just let it set for 3 days to a week. Just leave it closed for at least 3 it go faster if your not opening it all the time checking on it.

^this, or the Boveda seasoning pack. Hope to see it filled up soon, Dave. Glad you like it!
    Thank,s for all the advice for breaking in the humidor. I have done all you guys have told me and letting it rest for a couple of days.
    Update on my humidor, after receiving a mini bomb from Ccville a God of fire. Finally got the pieces put back together and have my Swisher Sweets resting fine, pic,s to follow:)))
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Glad to see its up and going good for you brother.....
    Thank,s waiting for the hydrometer to get here.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    leerescue@yahoo.com:
    Its full.Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    that made me laugh! looks like you're getting everything in order, if you stick around here then it won't be long before that humi is too small :D
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    taythegibs:
    leerescue@yahoo.com:
    Its full.Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    that made me laugh! looks like you're getting everything in order, if you stick around here then it won't be long before that humi is too small :D

Dude, how did you cram that many Swishers in a 20-ct? I could only get one in my trunkidor... LOL!
    Looks good, Dave. +1 to Tay's comment. Give it time and you'll be using the 20-ct as a doorstop.
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Where is my Corona Dammmmmit....lol
    leerescue@yahoo.com:
    Yeah, the package got delayed. A mis-communication between momma and I.
    And you know who's fault it was? Some how it was mine.
    0patience:
    leerescue@yahoo.com:
    Yeah, the package got delayed. A mis-communication between momma and I.
    And you know who's fault it was? Some how it was mine.
    :) no problem.