Home General Discussion

I absolutely ruined...

rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
A Padron Family Blend. I have been getting over bronchitis which I get 2 - 4 times a year. I always smoke when I have it. However, this time I waited a week and until I was done with my antibiotics. My last cigar was Friday of last week. So, to celebrate I had a Padron Family Reserve 4? The reason for the ? is because I lost the second label and I forget what it was and when I got it. It has been at least a year maybe even 2. Anyways, so I lit up last night and it tasted funny. The whole cigar was just weird and I thought to myself, hrm... I don't remember this but hey whatever. I was never a huge padron fan anyways (until I had the 85th that is).

So, this morning I had to drive my friend to the airport at 1:30am. I lit up a Cubao (in my opinion I didn't want to waste on of my favorites and these I think are just ok) and believe it or not it tasted the same. I got all these weird flavors but nothing that remotely resembled a cigar. It has me worried because I have never in all my years of smoking had this happen. And I really do always smoke when I am sick. Strange. I'm gonna try again tonightand see if anything changes.

Comments

• chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    Best of luck I hope your palate returns soon.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Sorry to hear that. Hey, are you the one who has the website/forums for septoplasty? I forget the name but it helped me tremendously if that was you.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    rwheelwright:
    A Padron Family Blend. I have been getting over bronchitis which I get 2 - 4 times a year. I always smoke when I have it. However, this time I waited a week and until I was done with my antibiotics. My last cigar was Friday of last week. So, to celebrate I had a Padron Family Reserve 4? The reason for the ? is because I lost the second label and I forget what it was and when I got it. It has been at least a year maybe even 2. Anyways, so I lit up last night and it tasted funny. The whole cigar was just weird and I thought to myself, hrm... I don't remember this but hey whatever. I was never a huge padron fan anyways (until I had the 85th that is).

So, this morning I had to drive my friend to the airport at 1:30am. I lit up a Cubao (in my opinion I didn't want to waste on of my favorites and these I think are just ok) and believe it or not it tasted the same. I got all these weird flavors but nothing that remotely resembled a cigar. It has me worried because I have never in all my years of smoking had this happen. And I really do always smoke when I am sick. Strange. I'm gonna try again tonightand see if anything changes.
    If they gave you Zithromax or prednisone, then it will probably be another week before things taste right. I go through the same thing. Bronchitis or walking pneumonia.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    not to worry wheelie, antibiotics can screw up your taste buds for up to a week after stopping. I should know, I'm an ex hypochondriac.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    james40:
    Sorry to hear that. Hey, are you the one who has the website/forums for septoplasty? I forget the name but it helped me tremendously if that was you.
    It wasn't me but I should check it out.
    0patience:
    rwheelwright:

If they gave you Zithromax or prednisone, then it will probably be another week before things taste right. I go through the same thing. Bronchitis or walking pneumonia.
    They gave me Azithromycin which I believe is Zithromax. They always give me the same stuff and this is the first time I have ever had this. It's weird. The only other time I had something like this was when I had sinus surgery years ago.
    Jdorais:
    not to worry wheelie, antibiotics can screw up your taste buds for up to a week after stopping. I should know, I'm an ex hypochondriac.
    Christie is already talking about taking the day off when you guys come out this year. She wants to do the city!!! She is already planning!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    If you were on anti-biotics, that could do it. Sometimes I have the taste of those in my mouth for a few days after I get done taking them.