Home General Discussion

Quick advice needed....wedding

KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
Hello ccom botl
In a few hours I'm off to a wedding - my first since I started cigars up again.
I know the bride (friend of my wife) - don't know the groom.
Wedding is informal - on the beach - reception at another friend's house, about 150 yards away from my house.
Which of the options below, should I follow with respect to cigar protocol for the wedding reception.

A) Don't smoke any cigars there, unless you see others lighting up cigars first.

B) Find the cigarette smokers, hang with them and lite up a smaller cigar.

C) Find the Groom, ask if he would like to enjoy a cigar, if he says no, oh well...............if he says yes, offer him a good stick, provide a cutter and fire, and then all bets are off, just be sure you don't ash on the wedding cake.

D) Make the rounds, say hi, shake hands, have a drink or three, sneak back home and smoke a cigar on the front patio while listening to the Giants, then wander back to the reception.....................repeat.

Comments

• DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    C, if that fails go with D
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    obviously cigar smoking comes down to as much courtesy as it does enjoyment when in public I would find smokers and make sure they don't mind personally plus mmake sure you have the go ahead from the bride and groom it is their to-do after all. Given the occasion even a non smoker might be willin to light up the celebration 'gar with you so hit the groom up as an offer of congrats if he turns you down stick to plan A
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    If it were me, I would ask the bride, since you know her she'll tell you the truth, if she says she doesn't mind then I would ask the owner of the house. If both are are okay, I would find a place furthest from the action and enjoy.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    I would go with a combination of "C" and "D". If the groom accepts, light up. If not, you could always excuse yourself for a 30-min potty break to have a quick smoke with a smaller stick. Win-win!!
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Just play it by ear. First off, enjoy the day. If you have the opportunity go for it. Be prepared for all scenarios above. Have an extra stick or three in case the best man, father of the groom, etc. want to partake.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    I'm doing this in a couple of weeks, I will be in the wedding party. I'm planning on bringing enough sticks to share and definitely asking first and only smoking later on in the festivities when everyone loosens up. That is just me and my style/way however, others may say don't be shy if it's outdoors lite one up!
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    KCW:
    Just play it by ear. First off, enjoy the day. If you have the opportunity go for it. Be prepared for all scenarios above. Have an extra stick or three in case the best man, father of the groom, etc. want to partake.
    Thanks for all the excellent advice Gents!
    And KCW - good thinking - I totally forgot about all the other "men" involved (Best man, groomsmen, fathers, brothers, etc.) - decent chance that at least one of them would like a cigar........I'll bring 6 or so just to be safe.....if that ain't enough....I can always go home and get more.......

• MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    KingoftheCove:
    KCW:
    Thanks for all the excellent advice Gents!
    And KCW - good thinking - I totally forgot about all the other "men" involved (Best man, groomsmen, fathers, brothers, etc.) - decent chance that at least one of them would like a cigar........I'll bring 6 or so just to be safe.....if that ain't enough....I can always go home and get more.......

+1 and if you have to go home to get more you can check on the game...a win win for everyone.

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    bandyt09:
    If it were me, I would ask the bride, since you know her she'll tell you the truth, if she says she doesn't mind then I would ask the owner of the house. If both are are okay, I would find a place furthest from the action and enjoy.
    I like Todd's thinking, after all it is actually all about the bride. The Grooms just there because it wouldn't be much of a wedding without him. Chances are she'll probably love the idea of you sharing a smoke with him. Though you might have to supply the entourage with some to.