Home Non Cigar Related

MMORPG

deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
So I used to be into mmorpg big time, played Last Chaos since closed beta, and was a game sage a couple times (GM helper in game)... anyway, been awhile since I played anything at all, and am looking for a new one to play. Anybody play? I dont like p2p

Comments

• Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    I am a retired World of Warcraft play, that's the only game I have played in 4 years I highly recommend it. If it wasn't for my newest obsession "CIGARS" I would still be playing.....
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    GuildWars 2 is Awesome! It's in Beta right now, but if you pre-purchase the game you can get into beta. It's kicking WoW's butt right now and it's going to be a no subscription MMO, just have to purchase the game.
    But if you really want to play the best MMO out there, its Asheron's Call. The Graphics are WAY out dated (released 1999), but it has the best game engine ever. No Stupid Holy Trinity. You have to use skill to defeat high monsters and it's solo-able for the most part.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    djbeenie:
    But if you really want to play the best MMO out there, its Asheron's Call. The Graphics are WAY out dated (released 1999), but it has the best game engine ever. No Stupid Holy Trinity. You have to use skill to defeat high monsters and it's solo-able for the most part.
    will check it out, thanks! And as far as WoW goes, never played and never will. Watched my brother play and it looks..well....lame imo. Thanks for the suggestions brothers!
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    djbeenie:
    yep, I beta'd that and AC2. I played for about 6 years and loved that game. I can't remember the name, think it was AB, where a group of noobs would run the gauntlet to get to after being buffed. Funny story - I played so much one time, my wife flipped te main breaker outside to off. When I went to flip it on, she locked me out. The only thing that got me in was promising not to play for a month. After that, I didn't play so much and got into BF1942.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    As a former WoW junkie I would second it too, I just felt the game lost the edge it used to have, another old game I still play once in a while is Anarchy Online (seriously old game I think its been out since late 90's early 00's) decent game that you can solo to max level, just takes a bit of thinking and knowing where and how to dedicate your points. it has some pains but good community overall
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    not quite the same but i used to be BIG into Runescape, actually reading this earlier got me to pick up another free account, but i shouldnt play it..... way too time consuming.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    taythegibs:
    not quite the same but i used to be BIG into Runescape, actually reading this earlier got me to pick up another free account, but i shouldnt play it..... way too time consuming.
    Play it! Nice to see someone else plays it. LOL! Look up my name in the high scores. LOL!

The nice thing is, you don't have to play it a lot.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    i guess my old account(s) got deleted because i had to start over....really sucks because i had most everything maxed out, but then again i havent played in 5-6 years.
  • SaVasSaVas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 250
    djbeenie:
    AC was the first MMORPG I played. Played it from Dec 99 to sometime in 08 if I remember correctly. I was addicted to it and not sire about other servers, but the Harvestgain server had some of the best players to group with. It was such an immersive game, and I loved the seasonal changes, and great monthly updates. I still miss that game, and have not found a game that enthralled me as much since. EQ2, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, Perfect World, etc. all fell flat too quickly.
    james40:
    djbeenie:
    yep, I beta'd that and AC2. I played for about 6 years and loved that game. I can't remember the name, think it was AB, where a group of noobs would run the gauntlet to get to after being buffed. Funny story - I played so much one time, my wife flipped te main breaker outside to off. When I went to flip it on, she locked me out. The only thing that got me in was promising not to play for a month. After that, I didn't play so much and got into BF1942.
    HAHAHA! That is hilarious! Yeah I got in trouble a lot playing that game too. Played Beta AC1 for about 1o years and never played AC2, but I heard they changed the engine and..well as you can see its not around any longer. haha If they would make an AC3 and keep the same engine and have the latest graphics everyone would flock to it. PK server was just awesome! Ahh memories.
    SaVas:
    djbeenie:
    AC was the first MMORPG I played. Played it from Dec 99 to sometime in 08 if I remember correctly. I was addicted to it and not sire about other servers, but the Harvestgain server had some of the best players to group with. It was such an immersive game, and I loved the seasonal changes, and great monthly updates. I still miss that game, and have not found a game that enthralled me as much since. EQ2, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, Perfect World, etc. all fell flat too quickly.
    Yeah I played on DarkTide and carebear server Leafcull. :) Man best MMO every created. Just wish they would make another game like it. I'm tired of all the Holly Trinity games "DPS, Healer, Tank"
  • SaVasSaVas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 250
    djbeenie:
    SaVas:
    djbeenie:
    Yeah I played on DarkTide and carebear server Leafcull. :) Man best MMO every created. Just wish they would make another game like it. I'm tired of all the Holly Trinity games "DPS, Healer, Tank"
    yeah trinity character style games are annoying, but my main issue now with mmorpgs is everyone races to max level. i was never in a hurry, and agreed, the AC engine was and still is fantastic. Builds were all up to the player and even gimps were decent to some degree. Mainly i miss the people that played especially early on:
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    djbeenie:
    SaVas:
    djbeenie:
    apparently Guild wars 2 is doing away with the trinity ( dont know if you consider that an mmo) in my opinion an mmo is only as good as the friends you play with. That is the only reason i played wow for so long. Me and my old guildmate make regular road trips to visit with each other even though we no longer play. Fun times! i plan on heading up to Kentucky early June to visit 3 of them. Husband wife combo and a guildie that moved in with them because he was having family troubles back home.