Home General Discussion

Cigars lasting abnormally long?

oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 630
Last night, I was studying for my finals and smoking the Illusione 88... fantastic construction and burn, but the thing lasted FOREVER. I still had about an inch and a half left at 1.5 hours. Had to let it go. anyone else experience something like this? Any explanations?

Comments

• camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    Sometimes the conditions are perfect for a slow burn. The air temperature, humidity and all. For me, I find that the location the tobacco was grown may have something to do with it, or the quality and style the cigar is rolled. A tightly rolled cigar will burn slower.

I like my Cuban cigars, and inch for inch, they always burn slower than non-Cubans, no matter the conditions or age of the cigar.

• gripnripgripnrip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    I had a San Lotano Oval that lasted over two hours last weekend-not that I'm complaining.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    My kristoffs are like a two hr smoke!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Hour and a half for a robusto sized cigar doesn't seem even close to abnormal...
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 630
    docbp87:
    Hour and a half for a robusto sized cigar doesn't seem even close to abnormal...
    it just burned fairly quickly down to the last two inches, and then it barely moved a half an inch for over 30 minutes. If I kept going, it would have lasted 2 hours, easily. That seems long to me.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    I had a LHC Core dagger yesterday that smoked but refused to burn... I just got pissed off after the 30th time relighting a threw it. Must have been a combo of high RH and rolled too tight.
    allsmokedup:
    I had a LHC Core dagger yesterday that smoked but refused to burn... I just got pissed off after the 30th time relighting a threw it. Must have been a combo of high RH and rolled too tight.
    That sucks. I had my first LHC Core the other week - great smoke, imo.

My issue wasnt burn, though. It was putting out TONS of smoke and was tasting wonderful....and the edge was even lighting up like it was burning, but the thing just wouldnt go down in size lol.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    oldsoulrevival:
    docbp87:
    it just burned fairly quickly down to the last two inches, and then it barely moved a half an inch for over 30 minutes. If I kept going, it would have lasted 2 hours, easily. That seems long to me.
    my robustos frequently last 1:45 - 2 hours. anything less than 1:30 on a robusto and im kind of upset.
    kuzi16:
    oldsoulrevival:
    docbp87:
    my robustos frequently last 1:45 - 2 hours. anything less than 1:30 on a robusto and im kind of upset.
    Maybe I usually smoke them too fast. Last night I was studying, so maybe i was smoking slower.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Zino Davidoff wrote in his book that smokers should take one puff per minute to enjoy a premium cigar. I can't wait a minute inbetween the puffs. However, if I really like a cigar, I take long time to smoke.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    kuzi16:
    oldsoulrevival:
    docbp87:
    +1 my robustos average the same.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Just depends on the smoke in my opinion and many other factors. I had a toro last 45 the other day and most of my robusto's last just over an hour which is why I like them, yet a mowpa might last longer for me. Had a super shot which is 3.5in long and it lasted well over an hour. I've had that happen before where the first third blazes and then the smoke slows down many times. It's all in the roll, the smoker, and the environment. I tend to smoke a lot slower at herfs then I do at home, same with morning versus night.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 843
    You know, I've had all different sizes last all different times. Robustos that hav lasted anywhere between 45 min. and 2 hours. Tor's that took 1-2 1/2 hours to smoke. Hell, Corona's that were 30 min. to 1 1/2 hours. I think it just depends on the roll and how fast you enjoy them.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    For me, it's all about conditions, how I'm feeling and time available. Sometimes a CCom red label Robusto (I'm just using this as an arbitrary example, but you can substitute whatever brand you want here) will last me 45 minutes. Tomorrow, that same smoke may last me an hour and a half.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    I had a Special Dark Sol Cubano last forever the other night, it is really becoming my favorite economy blend you guys have to try it if you like a strong cigar. The one cigar that really is deceiving with it's size is the Little Devil. Those sticks seem to burn forever, I do agree how you smoke it and the conditions have alot to do with it.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Little devil....closing in on an hour on the final 3rd...god I love this line
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    obsidian gordo tonight lasted 3 hr 15 minute....way longer than it took me to bust out of the poker game with my buds hahaha. DAaaaang good smoke though
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Welcome to the forum aeon!
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    bbass2:
    Welcome to the forum aeon!
    why thank you! glad to be here