Home General Discussion

seagarloverseagarlover Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 437
I have some Questions and would love some feedback please, 1] When do U smoke your first CGAR of the day 2] What type do U start with Daily CGAR or High Grade 3] When is your last CGAR of the day and is it Daily or High Grade Please help me with these Questions, Thank You.

Comments

• oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 630
    Since I only smoke 1 or 2 a week, I generally start in the evening (I like early evenings the best). Since I smoke less often, I don't really spend any money on "daily cigars" so I generally smoke what some would consider to be high grade whenever i smoke.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    I usually smoke one cigar a day after work and dinner. While smoking a cigar I check on the forum. During weekend I smoke 2-3 cigars. I like medium to full bodied when I smoke once a day. If I smoke three then I start with a mild to medium then medium and end the day with a bold cigar. I smoke many brands but mostly aged cigars. I can't stand harshness of a cigar. To me a good cigar is not only about the power and strength. It is about smoothness, balance, complexity with long finish. I enjoy the tingly feeling in my mouth. A very mild cigar can be full of flavor, at the same time a bold cigar can be boring without complexity. Few cigars are well balanced and complex.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    I rarely, if ever smoke more than 2 in a day, but mostly only have an evening cigar. The earliest I tend to have a cigar is around noon.
    More often than not, it won't be a "premium". Usually will be a "medium grade" or bundle cameroon.
    My evening cigar, will usually vary, depending on my mood. I've had cigars from Baccarats (ok, go ahead and laugh) to high premiums. But my evening cigar is my time to relax and enjoy and as my moods change, so do my choices in cigars.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    1. ASAP...but typically a couple hours after I'm up, sometimes I like to hang with RCY in the morning thread
    2-3. Depends on mood... I stock up on what I like when I find it cheap and ask Andy to match or make something happen. Then I scour B&M for odd LE sticks and trade with the brothers for stuff I want to try. If I like it, then I buy it. And if for some reason I need to drown my day in a $10+ cigar I do...or at herds with the central ca ATF herf. Otherwise I stick to the $3-$5 range...which includes plent of great smokes if you buy in bulk/sprint sale
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    I usually dont light up a cigar till about midnight, on the day i do have an early smoke it is usually at about noon-one, and I dont smoke cigars daily, It's more like weekly. When i light up, i want to smoke something that I enjoy, i am gradually making my way up to cigars that go for $10 a pop, but most of what i have i got on sale, traded for, or off of the sprint sale for $3 a cigar of less.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    I typically smoke 1 cigar a day on the days I work, and 3 a day when I'm off.

I only smoke good stuff. Not always expensive stuff, don't get that confused... but always good stuff. I'm fortunate to have a fairly large stash, so I typically smoke whatever I want, and time of day really has no bearings on me cause I work 3rd shift, so my sleep habits are all jacked up.

Always smoke what you want to smoke. Don't settle cause it's the 1st cigar of the day, or because you only have 1 or 2 of that cigar. Smoke them. I promise you, you will continue to acquire good cigars. No need to hoard them.
  • seagarloverseagarlover Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 437
    Thank You, AWESOME, this helps me out, my problem is im trying to quit smoking cigarettes, I did for 43 days, and I started to get back into my CGARS, I want to only smoke CGARS, I'm doing both and I'm pissed off at myself. I want to be a full time CGAR smoker always wanted to be, like yesterday, I was waiting for my CGARS to arrive from C.COM, Tina is my sales gal, she is awesome. anyway I told myself when they get here I will throw out my Cigs and start with my CGARS, I bought 76 CGARS, and as I was sorting through them I lit up a CiGARETTE (***). this is hard. Again, Thank You all for your time and input
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    I smoke 1 cigar a day during the week, on Fridays Saturday's and Sunday's I smoke at least 3, I don't really have a daily cigar but I do have go to cigars, pretty much anything AJ Fernandez, EP Carrillo, or Don Pepin
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    It depends for me during the winter and summer i hardly smoke ( maybe one a week). Fall and spring though probably 3-5 a week. I am still in the proccess of finding my go to ( right now it is the diesel UHC). This is what samplers are for i gusses. Good luck with squishing the cig smoking habbit. It can be tough. But if you are committed you can do it!
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 843
    Quitting cigs is tough. I've never had to do it myself, I was a smokeless tobacco user, but I have seen my dad try to quit for years. Even though his health is failing him, he still smokes. I hope you can eventually kick your habit. Good luck to ya!

As for me, it just depends on the week. If I'm driving for 2+ hours on any given day, I will light up a ccom label or, if it is in the early a.m. housrs, I might light up a Java or Tabak Esp. If I can light up any other time during the week, It could be anywhere from a $3 stick up to a $12 stick. It just depends on what I have in my smoking humi. I usually try to keep 10-15 sticks in there for times when I can sit back and enjoy a smoke.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    First smoke of the day - usually after breakfast on my hour-long commute to work.

What do I start with - usually whatever mild Im digging most at that point in time.

Last cigar of the day and what is it - THIS one is much trickier, and unfortunately the best answer I can give you is whenever one sounds good and whatever I happen to be in the mood for at that moment.

• aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    Generally I won't smoke till after lunch. I feel that it takes that long for my palate to "wake up". If I smoke in the morning I find everything tastes bland or just tobacco-ish. Even ACID cigars which I love a cold tea infusion earlier in the day. But I may smoke 2 a night always starting off with a milder cigar finding they don't coat the palate as much which in turn doesn't taint the taste of the next cigar. So to sum it up I start the day off with either a cold tea infused ACID. A 5 Vegas gold. Or my pesonal favorite a Oliva conectticut reserve. Then go from there
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    seagarlover:
    Thank You, AWESOME, this helps me out, my problem is im trying to quit smoking cigarettes, I did for 43 days, and I started to get back into my CGARS, I want to only smoke CGARS, I'm doing both and I'm pissed off at myself. I want to be a full time CGAR smoker always wanted to be, like yesterday, I was waiting for my CGARS to arrive from C.COM, Tina is my sales gal, she is awesome. anyway I told myself when they get here I will throw out my Cigs and start with my CGARS, I bought 76 CGARS, and as I was sorting through them I lit up a CiGARETTE (***). this is hard. Again, Thank You all for your time and input
    Tina is the best of the best that's who I go to as well got her extension and email at the ready lol. And I hear ya I've smoked cigs for 13 years finding it hard to choose one or the other