Home Non Cigar Related

Only 6 more days

RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
To my surgery , sitting here at the hospital waitng to get an EKG done. :(

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Well that was quick, took more time to hook me up than to do the test. Good to go!
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Ricky.... bro, what surgery I've had no idea man?!?! Regardless you are in Amanda's and mine thoughts and prayers, stay strong and stay safe! You have people all around you that care and support you, come back safe from this journey my friend!
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Yeah man what surgery??? I totally missed something here
    Nothing big. Umbilical hernia, I've been putting it off for years but the Doc recomended getting it done before it gets any worse. Just don't like the idea of bieng put under. Never had any kind of surgery b4.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    It will go well. It's routine surgery nowadays. The needles..............That's what I would be afraid of. The needles.......................:-(
    Ack I don't like needles either!
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    been put under a few times, i always have fun with the people in the room then im out and wake up, if i never wake back up on earth i will in heaven
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    I had surgery a few years back, this is how it went... The Anesthesiologist told me to count backwards from 100. So I said,"100, 99, 98" the very next instant I opened my eyes and the Dr. said, "it's all done".Very wierd experience, total loss of the sense of time.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Roberto99:
    I had surgery a few years back, this is how it went... The Anesthesiologist told me to count backwards from 100. So I said,"100, 99, 98" the very next instant I opened my eyes and the Dr. said, "it's all done".Very wierd experience, total loss of the sense of time.
    +1. I say put me out for teeth cleaning. Its' like it never happened. LOL
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Rhamlin:
    Nothing big. Umbilical hernia, I've been putting it off for years but the Doc recomended getting it done before it gets any worse. Just don't like the idea of bieng put under. Never had any kind of surgery b4.
    I had this exact surgery about 2 years ago now. The surgery itself was cake. I too was terrified of being put under. They had me walk into the surgery room myself, lie on the bed, put in the line and said count back...I was terrified, then I woke up. No biggy.

One thing they did not tell me that I will tell you: they put some crazy numbing sh!t in the wound before they close it up, so day 1 recovery is no biggy. Day 2 blows. It was made MUCH worse though because I thought because of the huge increase in pain that I popped something. Nope, that's normal. Take the pain killers, relax for a few days to a week, get the stitches out, and take it real slow like your doctor tells you to. No need to do it twice.

Best of luck for a speedy recovery!
    Ken Light:
    Rhamlin:
    I had this exact surgery about 2 years ago now. The surgery itself was cake. I too was terrified of being put under. They had me walk into the surgery room myself, lie on the bed, put in the line and said count back...I was terrified, then I woke up. No biggy.

One thing they did not tell me that I will tell you: they put some crazy numbing sh!t in the wound before they close it up, so day 1 recovery is no biggy. Day 2 blows. It was made MUCH worse though because I thought because of the huge increase in pain that I popped something. Nope, that's normal. Take the pain killers, relax for a few days to a week, get the stitches out, and take it real slow like your doctor tells you to. No need to do it twice.

Best of luck for a speedy recovery!
    Thanks for the heads up. I think imgetting it done just in time now last couple days it's just stayed tender and sore around the belly button. Dang thing looks like a huge nipple now.
  • GreenMachineGreenMachine Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    Hope and pray all goes well!!!!!!!!!
    9 more hours:(
    Well everything went well and I woke up. That was my biggest fear, that I wouldn't wake up.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Glad to hear it went well. Hoping you have a speedy recovery
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Awesome news bro. Here is to a speedy full recovery.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    laker1963:
    Awesome news bro. Here is to a speedy full recovery.

And a big +1 to that.....
    Thanks everybody, I know I'm a big wuss, but I've never been put to sleep before. Said me a lot of prayers that my family would've been taken care of if I didn't wake up.