Home General Discussion

What is your "Best Kept Secret" cigar?

2»

Comments

• HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    You know, reading through these posts makes me realize how many really great smokes that are out there that can be had for cheap, esp here on c.com. It also made me realize that many of us have different ideas of what we consider 'cheap' or 'value' smokes. I usually consider the $2-$3 range value smokes, with $6-$7 smokes kind of 'normal' smokes i.e. not cheap but not premium/special occasion sticks either.

I'm also surprised no one else has mentioned the GH Vintage 2002s - everyone was going nuts over those not too long ago. Being able to find those for UNDER $2 still amazes me, as I think they're as good as or better than many $6-$10 smokes.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    For me it's the Padron 3000. I equate Padron with super premium, but their non-Anniversary cigars are a bargain. The 3000 is a terrific size, and it never disappoints. There are some other bargains out there (Diesel Unlimited, for instance) but they get so much airplay that they're not really a secret.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Heavy:
    You know, reading through these posts makes me realize how many really great smokes that are out there that can be had for cheap, esp here on c.com. It also made me realize that many of us have different ideas of what we consider 'cheap' or 'value' smokes. I usually consider the $2-$3 range value smokes, with $6-$7 smokes kind of 'normal' smokes i.e. not cheap but not premium/special occasion sticks either.

I'm also surprised no one else has mentioned the GH Vintage 2002s - everyone was going nuts over those not too long ago. Being able to find those for UNDER $2 still amazes me, as I think they're as good as or better than many $6-$10 smokes.
    I still buy the GH Vintage. In fact, with time on them, they seem to have less wrapper issues than the earlier ones. I'm also a big fan of AJ fresh-rolled. Both of these can be found for under $2. I smoke the sht out of them. Just an observation, I saw a portable cigar dispenser in a local bar the other day and they had the 2002s inside, for $10/pop
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    The AJ Freshrolled are good for the price. second the GH 2002. LPH are good as well. Lastly, don't forget the house blends.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    im a big fan of the fresh rolled, 5V classic and the 5V 'AAA' ive gotten them all pretty cheap.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    There's a few I really like. The PDR sungrown, LEC maduro, and Bahia red label these can be found all the time for under 2$ all great smokes in my book.And of course the GHV 2002.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    I still say for the money (can be had regularly for $4/ea, including today via the DD) that the JdN DC is one of the best on the market. As long as I am able, I will never be without them.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    BigT06:
    I still say for the money (can be had regularly for $4/ea, including today via the DD) that the JdN DC is one of the best on the market. As long as I am able, I will never be without them.
    Oh....you won't....
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,290
    BigT06:
    Glad to hear this ;)
  • mannishmannish Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6
    not really under the radar but Vallejuelo robusto & robusto gordo  are fabulous and great price. i think it runs circles around a lot of the higher priced cigars. smoked one this morning

I do not think you can beat it for the price + 2 or 3 bucks. Outstanding if like 'em nice and rich.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    For me it's the Cusano 18 Paired Maduro. Just love those smooth medium maduros! The robusto can be had for $3-4 per stick on sale.