Home General Discussion

THE GREAT CCOM FORUM BLEND!!

Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204

Okay guys, the talk of "Battle of The Countries Got me Thinking About a Fun Project. We are, as a group, going to blend a cigar. I think it would be a fun experiment so you guys can see what goes into a the blending process and what it takes to make a premium cigar. That said, this is going to be kind of a long process and will rely mainly on votes. I may have to make some vetos to some of the votes also, as I will know if something the group decides collectively is going to have a bad effect on the blend, but I will be open and we can discuss each step.

Phase 1: To start we will need to have a series of polls for the members to vote on. Each poll will be up for one week collecting votes and having discussion. At the end, I will tally up the votes and let you guys know what you can expect from the future cigar as we add each component.

Week 1 Poll: Body
Week 2 Poll: Wrapper
Week 3 Poll: Fillers (we can pick three so I will take the top 3 vote getters)
Week 4 Poll: Binder
Week 5 Poll: Size

(again disclaimer: I may limit options based on what I know will and wont work for the blend. Or at least I will give you guys all the options but tell you which ones are going to have the best effect on the blend as it moves forward)

Phase 2: There may be a 30 to 90 day lag between Phase 1 and 2 as we will need to make and age the cigars. I will bring in some bundles of the cigars (unbanded) and they will be available to order, by single or bundle or 5 pack or whatever you guys want. I will allow a few weeks for everyone to get their cigars, take notes and then we will open up a discussion thread about what everyone likes and dislikes. We based on what everyone thinks, I will make some suggested changes to the blend for you guys to discuss and vote on and we will go back to the factory and incorporate those changes.

In the end we will have a blend for the forum. It may totally suck or be amazing. If it sucks, we can start over from scratch and if it rocks, I will bring it in and make it available full time. Maybe even put a cool band on it that you guys can help design. Lets see how it goes. What does everyone think?

Comments