Home General Discussion

Which one should I smoke next?

3 Stripes3 Stripes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 25
I have several cigars in the humi that I have yet to try. Which one should be next? The choices are: Gurkha Titan II, CAO Brazilla, Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970. I will be at a bonfire tomorrow night in the wonderful Florida heat. Looking to see which one you guys enjoy. I am bringing some mild sticks for some friends I'm tyring to get into cigars.

Comments

• brc81brc81 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 249
    I'd say the CAO Brazilla, but only because I haven't had the other two yet.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    My vote is for the Antano, dot get me wrong i really loved the brazillia but have yet to try the antano and it sound uber-yummy
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    The Brazillia is the only one of those I've tried and I thought it was a good smoke. Make sure you eat something first if you are not a seasoned smoker because it is a little stronger than some. As long as you get a good meal in ya it should be ok.
  • 3 Stripes3 Stripes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 25
    I will make sure that I have food in me. I have heard the same thing about the Antano. Would like some more opinions, I have a feeling no matter which wins it will be a good night.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    I'm in the same boat as Puro. It is a good cigar but a lil strong.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    is this a rhetorical question? umm, well I'd let most of them sit for a few months especially the titan. The America should be okay.
    phobicsquirrel:
    is this a rhetorical question? umm, well I'd let most of them sit for a few months especially the titan. The America should be okay.
    Uhhh... He didn't list an America...
    he should try it though.
    Thats one I still need to try as well. That and the Italia are the top 2 CAOs on my list right now. I like the Criollo, Brazillia, Mx2, and Lx2 so far.
    phobicsquirrel:
    he should try it though.
    I will try it, the ones I listed are ones that I have but haven't tried yet. Next time I'm at the local B&M I will pick up an America.
    I haven't had any of the ones you listed other than the titan 2. give that one some time though unless you have a couple to spare. it's not bad but after a few months I'm sure it will be as good as the titan 1. that puppy is pretty good with about 7 months on it. I'm sure with some more time it would be a smoother. The titan 2 I tried was a bit harsh but still a good stick. I do prefer the titan 1 though.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    What size of the Joya Antaño do you have? My vote is for the Antaño, I think it is an awesome smoke, though if you're not ready it can, and probably will, overwhelm you. Eat a good meal and take your time with it. If you have the robusto...well, good luck, that one wobbled me good, the belicoso is much more balanced. All in all, a very good and very strong Nicaraguan puro...and as some of you know, I love me a good Nica puro.
  • mplaistedmplaisted Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5
    I love the Antono.  The other two I have yet to try.  If you smoke the Antono, do yourself a favor and smoke it nice and so slow.  You'll know what I mean.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    thats a hard choice...
    what sizes are those three?

this info, along with your other plans for the day, could totally change what one to pick.
    The Titan of course is the presidente, 7x52. The Brazillia is the Gol, 5x56. The Antano is the Consul, 4.5x52. I will be smoking these this afternoon hanging out with some friends after we eat some burgers and other stuff off the grill. The rest of the night will be a bonfire and some drinking.
    I still say go with the Joya, but go slow because it will be strong. In my opinion though, it's the best of that bunch.
    I'm going to try out the Joya, I'll let you guys knw tomorrow what I think.
    I was pleased with the Antano. I could tell from the get go it was a stronger cigar than I normally smoke. I smoked it after I ate and drank a water while smoking it. I will be buying some more to set in the humi for a little bit. Next up will be the Brazillia. Then the American.
    Check out the Joya in the belicoso, in my opinion it is a very tasty smoke. The size tempers the strength a bit so it is not a knee knocker as much as some of the other sizes.