Home General Discussion

B&M ...

gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
I have a local B&M I frequent often - monthly . They are expensive but have a good selection . I have talked several times with the owner and she is pretty cool . Any time I go in I talk with the guys running the shop and they are all very knowledgeable , friendly , come in the walk-in to make sure you have found what your looking for , tell you about new stuff etc etc . All except for ONE employee who acts like a pr_ick . Forget about him even looking up and acknowledging your in the shop if he's eating lunch and even if he's not he acts like he's doing you a favor if you ask a question and he answers . Anytime I have ever asked this guy anything his answer is either he doesn't know or he acts like your a dumba$$ and a intrusion on his day by asking something . I have honest to god never seen this s.o.b. even smile at me or any other customer . Rings up your order in silence like a freakin robot . I have actually thought about going on down the road to another shop when I see " MR FREEZE " working in there !

Other than this guy this is a great place .
I have thought about this for awhile and decided not to say anything to anyone at the B&M about it . I don't know if this guy is the owners family or relative or whatever but he has worked there ever since I have been going there , 4-5 years . I don't require any hand-holding while there , I pretty much know what I came for and have done my research on new stuff prior anyway . It's just that this guy seems like he would rather be somewhere else and is cold and impersonal compared to almost every other B&M I have been in where the guys or gals at least act like they give a damn you came in ! I suppose the owner is still interested in keeping customers and has not made her fortune and moved to an island yet because she still owns/operates this shop , so you would think she would have a finger on the pulse of her shop , I sure as he_ll would .

Any one else with similar experiences ?

Rant over !!!

Comments

• beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    The best cigar talk I have ever experienced in right here, with my fingers.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I feel ya on this Gene. The B&M the Socal crew usually meets up at has this older woman who works there Saturdays, which happens to be the day we meet up there to herf. She's not out and out unfriendly, but at the same time she is a bit standoffish which makes me feel a little awkward at times. And I feel like I'm doing them a favor buying anything there, they don't have anything I can't buy online at half the price...but I make it a point to stop in and buy 3-5 cigars to help support the business. I would like it if I felt a bit more welcomed, I can tell you that much.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    The nearest B&M's to me are roughly two hrs away, so I don't get there often. Fortunately, an inter-facility transport comes in every so often and then I can get my smoke on. I usually frequent both places when I happen to be in town and the owners of both shops are more than happy to answer any questions I may have. If I'm looking for something they don't carry on a regular basis they go out of their way to get it. Waiting for one of them to give me a call about the possibility of getting some AKA's in, woot!
    On the other hand, I made the mistake of going to another city near me where the only smokes to be found are at a big name liquor store. In order to get into the humidor you have to first find a clerk who will heed your request. Then, said clerk must contact a manager who then has to go aaaaaallllllllllllllllllllll the way back to his office to obtain the keys to the humidor, which is apparently the next closest guarded room in the state aside from the vault in Ft. Knox. After waiting 3-1/2 days for the manager to return, he then proceeds to follow you into the humidor and peek over your shoulder as you make your selections.
    During this process you're made to feel as if you're keeping these two people from performing their duties, which, if memory serves me correct, is to allow you to purchase goods from them so that they may continue to pay their water bill... I'll stick to my chosen B&M's, if you don't mind. I'd rather spend my money in places that appreciate the business.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    j0z3r:
    I feel ya on this Gene. The B&M the Socal crew usually meets up at has this older woman who works there Saturdays, which happens to be the day we meet up there to herf. She's not out and out unfriendly, but at the same time she is a bit standoffish which makes me feel a little awkward at times. And I feel like I'm doing them a favor buying anything there, they don't have anything I can't buy online at half the price...but I make it a point to stop in and buy 3-5 cigars to help support the business. I would like it if I felt a bit more welcomed, I can tell you that much.
    you "cheap b*sterd" lol
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    It's funny, but I was talking about B&Ms a while ago with some folks.

The local shop here goes above and beyond for their customers.
    There was one person who worked there that was often cold and unapproachable. So I would often turn around and head back out when I saw he was there, because I just didn't feel like dealing with him. Until one day, I hadn't noticed that the shop owner was there and he had seen me hit the door, look in and leave.

He asked me what was up with that and I explained that I didn't need to deal with that guy at all. Not worth my time or headaches. I wasn't trying to be a problem, just didn't feel like dealing with someone like that. He apologized and said he would take care of it. Not sure what he did, but the guys who demeanor changed after that. He was pleasant and even offered assistance from then on out.

I'd say something to the shop owner about his coldness. If nothing is done or they blow you off, then you know that they aren't interested in your business.