Home Non Cigar Related

One of those moment — remembering my beloved father

rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
My father passed away a year and half ago while I was in overseas. I was very close to him. He gets all the credit of my success. I would have never made this far without his gudience, support and love. I still feel very empty though I am an independent man now with a loving wife and two beautiful children. After my father's death, once in while I want to get away from my daily life to enjoy quiet moments with a cigar. I think about my childhood, my parents, my siblings..everything. I have been traveling overseas since I was 13. Sometime I wish, I could have spent more time with my parents but my parents always encouraged me to travel overseas for education, work and knowledge. A month ago when I told my wife, I need a break. She told me to go away from the city and have some quiet time. However, I took my family with me. One of my close friend offered me his beach house in the Atlantic coast. My wife took the kids for lobster catching and left me with prepared food and drinks. I am lucky to have such a lovely wife. I sat close to the infinity pool, enjoyed couple cigars and listen to the same song, over and over again. "Father to son" - Phil Collins. My father was a smoker but we never smoked cigar together because I wasn't a cigar smoker then. I gave couple thoughts if I should share this here or not. Suddenly, I discover myself part of this great BOTL network where I spend most of my free time. You fine people became part of my daily life and extended family. I would like to share some pictures of my golden moment when I enjoyed all alone - listening to "Father to son" and remembered my beloved father. Life is too short. We should enjoy every possible moments. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Very nice. Thanks for sharing, Rzaman.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Thanks for sharing.

My step father passed a few years back. He was an Alaskan fisherman. When I was younger, he taught me what hard work really was. A lot of battles between the two of us on the boat.
    The turning event was when I was 18, I blew up at him for being so hard on me out fishing. It seemed I couldn't do anything right. He informed me that no son of his would be out worked by regular deck hands.

The step father step son relationship changed then.

He smoked pipes, we often sat and enjoyed cigars and pipes together in his later years.

Life is definitely too short.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Thanks for sharing as well. In those days, somehow we never realized how much they really cared about us. Once we realize that..it's too late. Family is the most beautiful thing in this world. It is a natural gift.
    0patience:
    Thanks for sharing.

My step father passed a few years back. He was an Alaskan fisherman. When I was younger, he taught me what hard work really was. A lot of battles between the two of us on the boat.
    The turning event was when I was 18, I blew up at him for being so hard on me out fishing. It seemed I couldn't do anything right. He informed me that no son of his would be out worked by regular deck hands.

The step father step son relationship changed then.

He smoked pipes, we often sat and enjoyed cigars and pipes together in his later years.

Life is definitely too short.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    jlmarta:
    Very nice. Thanks for sharing, Rzaman.
    +1
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    I've read the word epic several times lately. You sir have an epic tale. Life. There's no greater tale for in memory we keep our loved ones lost to us alive. Everyone reading this post will remember they're loved ones who have passed. Thanks for sharing.
  • Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    Im sure your dad is sitting on a cloud smoking the best of all cigars watching you from above....
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    RBeckom:
    I've read the word epic several times lately. You sir have an epic tale. Life. There's no greater tale for in memory we keep our loved ones lost to us alive. Everyone reading this post will remember they're loved ones who have passed. Thanks for sharing.

+ 1
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    RBeckom:

You truly have a way with words, Rodney. Thanks for sharing such a personal and touching story with us, rzaman.