Home General Discussion

Ever get one of those that you didn't want to end?

0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
Ever get one of those cigars that smelled great before you lit it, then the draw was as near perfect as you like, good smoke out of it and you wished it would stay like that for ever? I'm not talking about real high end cigars, but everyday premium cigars that you weren't prepared for them to be THAT good.

Now I realize that taste, preference and all that is subjective, so what was the cigar you had that you didn't want to end?

Mine was a Torano 1916 (imagine that) that had you blindfolded me, I'd have sworn it was a ultra premium cigar. The smell, to me anyways, was heavenly. The cigar construction was a work of art, it was as flawless as I could imagine. The draw was just right, it pulled smoke as I could ever want. The ash held on so much that I was well into the cigar that I was concerned that it would fall off, so I tapped it off. The ash was dark and sturdy. It was the last of a box, that I wish I would have gotten more of, cause I'd like to think the rest of the box was that way.

It's rare that you find one that just blows you away, especially when it's an "everyday premium" cigar.

Comments

• rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Padron 2000 natural. I always feel that way- wish I could have smoked little longer.
    0patience:
    Ever get one of those cigars that smelled great before you lit it, then the draw was as near perfect as you like, good smoke out of it and you wished it would stay like that for ever? I'm not talking about real high end cigars, but everyday premium cigars that you weren't prepared for them to be THAT good.

Now I realize that taste, preference and all that is subjective, so what was the cigar you had that you didn't want to end?

Mine was a Torano 1916 (imagine that) that had you blindfolded me, I'd have sworn it was a ultra premium cigar. The smell, to me anyways, was heavenly. The cigar construction was a work of art, it was as flawless as I could imagine. The draw was just right, it pulled smoke as I could ever want. The ash held on so much that I was well into the cigar that I was concerned that it would fall off, so I tapped it off. The ash was dark and sturdy. It was the last of a box, that I wish I would have gotten more of, cause I'd like to think the rest of the box was that way.

It's rare that you find one that just blows you away, especially when it's an "everyday premium" cigar.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    H yeah, most recently the Casa Fuentes. But there have been plenty. Had a PDR sungrown that was awesome wish it had lasted another half hour.
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    I like the JR Ultimate Maduro in a toro size. I know...not what most of you would call an "everyday premium cigar", but it smells great and the burn/draw/construction is always perfect. I have had many compliments on how good that cigar smells and how much I look like I am enjoying it, and I do enjoy them.

• bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    AF Don Carlos #3 with a year and a half on it.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    The Opus X I had last night... Not sure what it was, little over a year old, tiny torpedo...unreal.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i almost always feel that way about the JdN Celebracion.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    catfishbluezz:
    The Opus X I had last night... Not sure what it was, little over a year old, tiny torpedo...unreal.
    I'm guessing a Power Ranger/ XXX.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Mine was a recent smoke, Oliva V Lancero.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Most recent was a Diesel Unlimited d7 with about a year on it; super smooth, delicious - just didn't want it to end (but when it did, I had to light another up immediately; glad I bought a box to age)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    xmacro:
    Most recent was a Diesel Unlimited d7 with about a year on it; super smooth, delicious - just didn't want it to end (but when it did, I had to light another up immediately; glad I bought a box to age)
    great solution. however im not sure i want to smoke the same cigar twice in a row no matter how good it is.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    danielzreyes:
    catfishbluezz:
    I'm guessing a Power Ranger/ XXX.
    That's what it was called, but it just said fuente fuente on it. Real mellow but for a small stick it was awesome in the 2nd half and picked ip strength
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Ave Maria corona that greg2648 chunked at as part of a bomb. Super smooth, perfect draw, beautiful construction. As much smoke as a big gauge. Nubbed it down until I burnt my fingers. Never harsh, no tar.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    kuzi16:
    xmacro:
    great solution. however im not sure i want to smoke the same cigar twice in a row no matter how good it is.
    Yeah, second go wasn't as good as the first; pretty good, but not as good
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    kuzi16:
    Couldn't agree more Matt, that is a brilliant cigar and the price point just makes it that much better for me as well. I'd say the same thing regarding the MoW Little Devil and Ruination as well along with the regular line Ave Maria's. They just are phenomenal and just make it a brilliant cigar experience every time for me.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    Diesel Unlimited d7. I never give up on one of these until my fingers get burnt.
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,107
    Padron 1926 #9 Maduro, one of the best sticks I've ever had. Whenever I smoke one I just can't get enough. Im so bummed when it's done that Im almost tempted to roll up the ash and smoke it. ha ha
  • KriegerKrieger Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    My very first LP9... oil, fresh, smelled so sweet and juicy... it billowed a creamy blue smoke, drew so well that even the tiniest pull filled my mouth with robust flavors of molasses, sweet roasty coffee and gobs of cocoa. Smoked it till i burned my fingers... and still tried to keep going! They are never as good as when they are fresh.
  • slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    Arturo Fuente Hemingway Maduro
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
  • acewoodsonacewoodson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
    i had a Man O' War Ruination the other night that was rockin. I even tried to use my cutter as a glorified roach clip to get every last puff out of it. (that's what I've heard roach clips were for anyway.)
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    KCW:
    Anejo
    Agreed and I have to thank Kuzi for introducing me to this wonderful smoke!
  • stadstad Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 386
    I was really surprised by the RP Thunder I smoked a while back. Picked it up from JJ's in Seattle and smoked it the same night. It was pretty great down to the nub. I think I only paid $6 for it.
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    San Cristobal Clasico
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    kuzi16:
    Agreed as well, I would like to add Diesel Shortys ROTT and that Cohiba Siglo III I smoked with Spindrift n JimmyV last week
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    My first San Lotano Connecticut... MMMMMMMM