Home General Discussion

too many??

bobdbobd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 71
I don't get much time to smoke anymore. We have a baby at home and I am self employeed, so there is not much free time. I am not complaining at all because I am happy, but after going through my sticks today I was wondering, "Wow do i really need this many?". I am in the 150-200 range. Have any of you guys gone through a stage like this? Should I just keep aging my collection and have some super tastey smokes for when I do get time to smoke? And no I am not going to send them to anyone for safe keeping, haha. I know that suggestion will be coming. Thanks and happy smoking!

Comments

• 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    My opinion of this is that you will go through cycles like this.
    If you have a surplus, be grateful for it and restrain yourself from making a lot more purchases.
    Later, if/when time allows, you will be happy you have the sticks available.

Let them rest and enjoy them when you have the convenience for them.
    Just my opinion, for what it's worth.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    In your position, I'd just stay the course and maintain the current collection, smoking from it as time allowed.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ...and you still want more.

more than you need, less than you want.

its natural. id just age em.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    kuzi16:
    more than you need, less than you want.
    that line perfectly describes me right now, i have about 60 cigars but only like 5 that i "feel like" i can smoke or are ready to be smoked...
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    You absolutely have WAY too many.......send about 100 to me....not for safe keeping, so you'll have no worries there......I will smoke them
    This way you'll be much more relaxed, knowing you only have 75 or so, which is still obviously probably too many for you, given your situation......
    In fact, having more than 50 cigars in a house with a baby just isn't a good idea............
    I'm here to help.......you're welcome.

• ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    Bite your tongue you can never have too many ever, that is just crazy talk. Just age them and the will be great 2 years from now.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Do I "need" this many? No, not at all. But I have nowhere near how many I want.

When the day comes that I "need" a cigar, I'm done. At that point, it won't be a fun, relaxing hobby anymore; at that point, I'd have considered it to have manifested into an addiction.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    I really don't know how to answer.
    bobd:
    I don't get much time to smoke anymore. We have a baby at home and I am self employeed, so there is not much free time. I am not complaining at all because I am happy, but after going through my sticks today I was wondering, "Wow do i really need this many?". I am in the 150-200 range. Have any of you guys gone through a stage like this? Should I just keep aging my collection and have some super tastey smokes for when I do get time to smoke? And no I am not going to send them to anyone for safe keeping, haha. I know that suggestion will be coming. Thanks and happy smoking!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    rzaman:
    bobd:
    Lol rzaman...that's probably because you have like....150-200 boxes! But to answer the question...age them bro! If I never bought another cigar, I'd have enough to last a lifetime and herd a bunch of BOTL's with some primo aged smokes.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    rzaman:
    bobd:
    Lol rzaman...that's probably because you have like....150-200 boxes! But to answer the question...age them bro! If I never bought another cigar, I'd have enough to last a lifetime and herf a bunch of BOTL's with some primo aged smokes.
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,290
    My logic is i need various sticks for various times. The go to everydayweekly rotation,(undercrown,lfd air bender,diesel,san lotano ) the sticks for my buddies(whatever i have the most of), sicks my pops like(pepper bombs), special occasion(opusx, osoks), morning sticks(mow virtue), afternoon sticks(mow pa, mow little devil), evening sticks (mow armada, ruination, muwat). Thing is they`re all different. And i need stockpiles of them all. Haha. Ive been in similar situations were i was working or travelling in excess and just didnt have time. I just sat on what i had and would order some here and there if something caught my eye.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Bigfnsteve, now I can answer after reading your comment because you have answered already. I need various sticks for various times. I have little extra collection because I want to smoke whenever I want to smoke a certain cigar. Everyday is a special day to me, really when I say that I mean it. Life is too short.
    bigfnsteve:
    My logic is i need various sticks for various times. The go to everydayweekly rotation,(undercrown,lfd air bender,diesel,san lotano ) the sticks for my buddies(whatever i have the most of), sicks my pops like(pepper bombs), special occasion(opusx, osoks), morning sticks(mow virtue), afternoon sticks(mow pa, mow little devil), evening sticks (mow armada, ruination, muwat). Thing is they`re all different. And i need stockpiles of them all. Haha. Ive been in similar situations were i was working or travelling in excess and just didnt have time. I just sat on what i had and would order some here and there if something caught my eye.
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,290
    rzaman:
    Everyday is a special day to me, really when I say that I mean it. Life is too short.
    Brother i didn't touch on that but your entirely correct
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Too many cigars is a weird concept to me... no such thing.

Too many shitty cigars would be an issue, cause I'd have no room for good stuff... but I don't keep bad smokes... so too many cigars makes me chuckle.

I like to have enough cigars on hand at any given time so that I can smoke whatever I want, and share as many as I want. Based on those paramiters, I will never have too many... the more cigars I get, the more generous I can be.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    BigT06:

Too many shitty cigars would be an issue, cause I'd have no room for good stuff... but I don't keep bad smokes... so too many cigars makes me chuckle.

I like to have enough cigars on hand at any given time so that I can smoke whatever I want, and share as many as I want. Based on those paramiters, I will never have too many... the more cigars I get, the more generous I can be.
    There you go! I've been weeding the crap out of my humis. Now it's just sticks I like or have been wanting to try.
  • leerescue@yahoo.comleerescue@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
    I look fore the day when i can post on this forum that i have to many cigars and need to be generous and can repay the faver. Thanks for all the kindness so far from everyone who has helped me.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    A couple months ago I went back through all my orders and trades and dated all my cigars. After handling every single cigar I have all I could think was "Hooooooooly cow, I have a LOT of tobacco!" That slowed my buying for about...5 days lol. I'm not sure what 'too much' means...
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    BigT06:

Agreed. I wish too many cigars was an issue for me. LOL!
    It's not. When humidors are stolen for jewelry boxes, well, you know. LOL!
  • stadstad Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 386
    Just wait, next month you'll get an itch and smoke 3 a day for a week. It happens. Just enjoy at your own pace and be glad for it. Congrats on the new baby! I have a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old and still find the time, so will you I'm sure.
  • jailhousejailhouse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 137
    i hope one of these days i can say i have to many cigars.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    All in all i dont think i can ever...repeat....EVER have too many but i go in cycles where i buy a ton, smoke them for about a month then go on a shopping spree again. Here lately though it been a equal amount of smoking and spree...vicious cycle it is....
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    jailhouse:
    i hope one of these days i can say i have to many cigars.

+1