Home Non Cigar Related

Good News

bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
Went to the dentist today and things are looking good with the first surgery that I have been upgraded to 1 maybe 2 cigars a week. Probably last for about a month or until the next surgery but that is the best news I have had in a while.

Comments

• RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Awesome, so which one you going to smoke first. Maybe a Davidoff perhaps :). Or one of your favorite My Father. Now which one, lol. I'm just happy to hear everything is well with you and you can get back in the swing of things.....

• DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    awesome to hear Todd about time you get to enjoy that 20 count
  • rburke1129rburke1129 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 383
    Great to hear Todd!!
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Kick a$$!! Congrats on the good news :D
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,290
    Awwwwwsum... glad you can actually burn up some "information" for your self now
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    And palate re-training begins, congrats Todd!!!!!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Awesome bro...fire up a JO
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    catfishbluezz:
    Dustin, just got done replying to a Joe text about what I'll be smoking and I am certain it won't be any JO stuff as it is about a week away from the "sick period" so I am going to wait until it comes around again. That'll be when I can smoke on a regular basis and it will be much better.
    bandyt09:
    catfishbluezz:
    Dustin, just got done replying to a Joe text about what I'll be smoking and I am certain it won't be any JO stuff as it is about a week away from the "sick period" so I am going to wait until it comes around again. That'll be when I can smoke on a regular basis and it will be much better.
    Bummer man... I've got a few coming if you need a fresh one. I'm looking at some of that Havana Club too.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Great news! Just don't forget you might've lost a little tolerance with the hiatus... green-gilled is probably not the result you're looking for.
    Ken Light:
    Great news! Just don't forget you might've lost a little tolerance with the hiatus... green-gilled is probably not the result you're looking for.
    Yeah, that almost happened on Saturday, herfing with the SoCal guys. I think iy may have been the Jamisons and cranberry with no breakfast, but I was definitely feeling something. Especially from the Johnny-O! that lasted 2 1/2 hours. Wow, it was almost like being a virgin again.....................
    catfishbluezz:
    bandyt09:
    catfishbluezz:
    Bummer man... I've got a few coming if you need a fresh one. I'm looking at some of that Havana Club too.
    Whenever you make it down to the SoCal area I've got some HC 7 year in my locker at the B&M, we can crack that.

Appreciate the offer on the fresh JO, but honestly, it made me feel like all I ever smoked were SS and B&M's and it was my first "real" cigar. JO has to wait until I get smoking under my belt again.

bandyt09:
    catfishbluezz:
    bandyt09:
    catfishbluezz:
    Whenever you make it down to the SoCal area I've got some HC 7 year in my locker at the B&M, we can crack that.

Appreciate the offer on the fresh JO, but honestly, it made me feel like all I ever smoked were SS and B&M's and it was my first "real" cigar. JO has to wait until I get smoking under my belt again.

So after the break, you noticed a significant difference last Saturday? I actually want the HC for cooking...and a little for sipping.
    catfishbluezz:
    bandyt09:
    catfishbluezz:
    bandyt09:
    catfishbluezz:

So after the break, you noticed a significant difference last Saturday? I actually want the HC for cooking...and a little for sipping.
    I did, it was a little crazy. The Padilla Miami Robusto(?) took me about 2 hours which is really REALLY slow for me. I will see what I can do about guaging things a little more closely this weekend.

The HC 7 goes good with CC's but not really that good with NC's, it was kind of weird. Cooking, in all honesty, may be the best thing you could do with it.
    bandyt09:
    catfishbluezz:
    bandyt09:
    catfishbluezz:
    bandyt09:
    catfishbluezz:

I did, it was a little crazy. The Padilla Miami Robusto(?) took me about 2 hours which is really REALLY slow for me. I will see what I can do about guaging things a little more closely this weekend.

The HC 7 goes good with CC's but not really that good with NC's, it was kind of weird. Cooking, in all honesty, may be the best thing you could do with it.
    I can make a piece of dog sh$t taste amazing with a good sauce... I use brandy, whiskey, amaretto, port, and white wine mostly. The sweetness of a good rum makes for potentially amazing sauces for steaks or fish. You'd be surprised what places charge $30-$40 for...
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Congrats brother and enjoy
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Congrats on the good news, Todd.
    Enjoy "gettin your feet wet" again and best of luck with the next surgery.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    1-2 is better than none! Grats, Todd!!
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    Ken Light:
    Very good advice, Ken.

I'm very glad to hear that your dentist is making good progress, Daniel. When will he be "done" with you?
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    congrats Todd, Like toombes said, 1-2 is WAY better than none.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Very good news bro ...
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    HOORAY! Great news brother, thanks for sharing it with us. Are you sure he said 1 or 2 cigars "a week" and not 1 or 2 cigars "at a time"? LOL Seriously, be a good boy, play by the rules and keep healing up fast! :-)