Home General Discussion

Tatuaje La Casita Criolla?

0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
A friend told me about these today and said he thought they were a great tasting cigar.
As with anything else, he couldn't elaborate on what, exactly, he thought that was good about them.
He's one of those that when you ask him what it tastes like, he says, "I don't know. It just tastes good."

Have any of you had these? If so, what were your thoughts?

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Not a huge fan personally. I think it is kind of a one trick pony. It has a pretty simple flavor profile, and doesn't change much from start to finish. I also haven't noticed any evolution with time in the humidor (granted these haven't been around THAT long). In my personal opinion, the blend was an attempt to make use of the popularity of the Connecticut Broadleaf Maddy cigars that Pete has had such great success with (some of his best cigars have used this wrapper), but to make a cigar entirely out of CBL just doesn't work for me personally.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    docbp87:
    Not a huge fan personally. I think it is kind of a one trick pony. It has a pretty simple flavor profile, and doesn't change much from start to finish. I also haven't noticed any evolution with time in the humidor (granted these haven't been around THAT long). In my personal opinion, the blend was an attempt to make use of the popularity of the Connecticut Broadleaf Maddy cigars that Pete has had such great success with (some of his best cigars have used this wrapper), but to make a cigar entirely out of CBL just doesn't work for me personally.
    Agreed. I smoked one and wasn't impressed.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Thanks!

I read all the time people talking about the Tats and he was first person I actually knew that had any of them. And I know there is a shop in Portland that has some, but dunno about the other Tat lines. So I figured if nothing else, have a friend stop in when he went to Portland and pick one up. I may anyways.
    These Tatuaje cigars, which one of their cigars do you think would be a good cigar to try?
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    0patience:
    Thanks!

I read all the time people talking about the Tats and he was first person I actually knew that had any of them. And I know there is a shop in Portland that has some, but dunno about the other Tat lines. So I figured if nothing else, have a friend stop in when he went to Portland and pick one up. I may anyways.
    These Tatuaje cigars, which one of their cigars do you think would be a good cigar to try?
    Havana VI, Miami, Black
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    While I'd agree that it is a one-trick pony, but at the very least that one trick is done well. I did enjoy La Casita, but it's not the cigar I would look to buy by the box.
    danielzreyes:
    0patience:
    Thanks!

Havana VI, Miami, Black
    Thanks!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    If you've never had a Tatuaje cigar, get a Noella.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    docbp87:
    Not a huge fan personally. I think it is kind of a one trick pony. It has a pretty simple flavor profile, and doesn't change much from start to finish. I also haven't noticed any evolution with time in the humidor (granted these haven't been around THAT long).
    i have a few with a bit over a year on it. i got them from Pete while at the My Father Factory when i was in Nicaragua. i agree that they have not developed that much with time.
    docbp87:
    In my personal opinion, the blend was an attempt to make use of the popularity of the Connecticut Broadleaf Maddy cigars that Pete has had such great success with (some of his best cigars have used this wrapper), but to make a cigar entirely out of CBL just doesn't work for me personally.
    it was actually an attempt to make use of the abundance of Connecticut leaf that couldnt make it as wrapper leaf. they had a TON of the stuff just taking up space and figured it was better than wasting it.
    j0z3r:
    While I'd agree that it is a one-trick pony, but at the very least that one trick is done well. I did enjoy La Casita, but it's not the cigar I would look to buy by the box.
    i agree here. its a good smoke. it wont change your world but it is decent.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    danielzreyes:
    0patience:
    Thanks!

Havana VI, Miami, Black

Add Fausto and any of the Cojonu's to the list too.
    Ok then.
    Noella, Havana VI, Miami, Black, Fausto and Cojonu
    Got it.

Thanks guys.