Home General Discussion

La Aroma de Cuba

bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
Has anyone smoked the LAdC blend before it was handed off to Pepin? How do they compare?

Comments

• bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    The Ashton blended one BLOW Pepins away. If I could find more Ashton ones I would not hesitate in pulling the trigger on them. By the way, ask anyone here and they'll tell you, I am a DPG wh0re......
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Thanks, my B&M has a box and the owner said pretty much the same thing. Guess I'll grab one when I pick up my lighter.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    bandyt09:
    The Ashton blended one BLOW Pepins away. If I could find more Ashton ones I would not hesitate in pulling the trigger on them. By the way, ask anyone here and they'll tell you, I am a DPG wh0re......
    Wow. I need to get my hands one of these, then. I'm also a DPG whore and I absolutely love the whole line of LADC.
    ndhaon91:
    bandyt09:
    Wow. I need to get my hands one of these, then. I'm also a DPG whore and I absolutely love the whole line of LADC.
    Maybe I didn't make myself totally clear but I HATE what DPG has done with the line compared to the Ashton blend. To me now LAdC tastes like a bad Pepin stick. Ashton made a smooth and complex cigar where as DPG makes a spicy harsh non complex cigar out of the brand.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    bandyt09:
    ndhaon91:
    bandyt09:
    Maybe I didn't make myself totally clear but I HATE what DPG has done with the line compared to the Ashton blend. To me now LAdC tastes like a bad Pepin stick. Ashton made a smooth and complex cigar where as DPG makes a spicy harsh non complex cigar out of the brand.
    Nope, I knew what you meant. It was my language that was vague. I meant I really, really like the existing Pepin-made LADC, so if the Ashton-made one is that much better, it's something I need to try!
    I gotcha. I had my first of the Pepin's yesterday and it was good for the price, but it didn't blow my socks off. This was the first of the original blend I have seen and figured by the wrapper difference it was totally different.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    The original is a real treat, still have about half a box of robustos that I picked up probably 3 years ago.
  • T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 256
    I know this is an old thread, but I am glad someone asked about the La Aroma de Cuba because I was looking for some information about them. (Thank you search feature!) My best friend is getting married this coming week and his dad was telling us that he bought a box of real nice Cubans for the golf outing on Friday and then showed me the label. Quick reading tells me they aren't Cubans but Nicaraguan grown Cuban seed. Interesting to know that Ashton made them and then DPG took over the processing of them. I am excited to try them, but it also lets me know to keep my eyes pealed to see if his are DPG (which I would think they are) or Ashtons. Thanks again guys for the insight.
  • Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    i like the mi amore line.....
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,107
    bandyt09:
    +1 on this, although the Mi Amor line is pretty amazing. The new Mi Amor reserve line that is about to be released is from Ashton and had nothing to do with Pepin.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Rail Jockey:
    i like the mi amore line.....
    This!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    bandyt09:
    ndhaon91:
    bandyt09:
    i agree 100% here.
    those ashton ones are few and far between now.
    kuzi16:
    bandyt09:
    ndhaon91:
    bandyt09:
    i agree 100% here.
    those ashton ones are few and far between now.
    Yes they are. Thank goodness Ben a solid BOTL and got the 20 Churchills left in the box for me. I am so grateful to the quality of people this forum attracts.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    I prefer Ashton over DPG. I agree not al the Ashton cigars are great but it is hard to beat ESG, VSG. Most of the DPG cigars are more or less taste the same and need long aging. The harshness and overpowering spiciness is painful. However, DPG Limited Edition 2010 is a good smoke.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    How can you tell if you have an Ashton blend or a DPG blend? I believe I still have one left from the Ashton blend, but now I'm not so sure.
    I'm not sure if the box is different, but the DPG sticks have a red ribbon on the foot and the Ashton just has the band.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    Smokindaddy:
    bandyt09:
    +1 on this, although the Mi Amor line is pretty amazing. The new Mi Amor reserve line that is about to be released is from Ashton and had nothing to do with Pepin.
    After reading this thread, and knowing how much I already like the Mi Amors... the reserve line has me very excited.
    jthanatos:
    Smokindaddy:
    bandyt09:
    After reading this thread, and knowing how much I already like the Mi Amors... the reserve line has me very excited.
    Me too!
  • seagarloverseagarlover Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 437
    You will have to let me know whenthis xfer took place, I bought a box of the LADC IMMENSA I posted a picture on your thread so I have had these over a year, so are these from the new or old group, these are one of the most AWESOME smokes I have had Photobucket
    Lasabar:
    How can you tell if you have an Ashton blend or a DPG blend? I believe I still have one left from the Ashton blend, but now I'm not so sure.
    I don't have a Pepin LAdC but here is a picture of an Ashton blend band:

I believe Pepin started blending for Ashton in either 2005 or 2007.
    what if it says "Edicion especial" on the band and has no read band on the foot? Then WHAT?????
    Lasabar:
    what if it says "Edicion especial" on the band and has no read band on the foot? Then WHAT?????
    That's Pepin.
    bandyt09:
    Lasabar:
    That's Pepin.
    poop